1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help! Need to find a local mobile mechanic who works on Prius cars. (Menifee/Murrieta/Temecula area)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by RachelNs, Jun 19, 2018.

1. RachelNs

RachelNs New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Hello. Brand new to this forum, new Prius owner (bought a used 2005 for my daughter). The ABS actuator went out (after Toyota’s enhances warrenty ended). I had a new one put in by my x who is a mechanic, however; we now need to had the bleed process done which resets it as well from my understanding. It takes special scanners to do this. I’ve been looking for a mobile mechanic to come to my home to fix his but am having absolutely no luck finding anybody. If anybody could possibly refer me to someone they know of who does service his area, well that would be wonderful. Thank you! :)

2. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Sorry I can't help. I'm north of you and know a great Prius guy in Covina (Jimmy at Jue Motors) but you'd have to take the car to his shop. He's about 60 miles away.

3. William Redoubt

William Redoubt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You may just want to take it to a dealer. Just get a quote upfront and only allow them to do that one job.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    @RachelNs Yeah, I'm a little puzzled: is it necessity that the mechanic comes to you? And be an independent?