1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP.Need to replace prius 2006.Buy new 2016 v used 2013, 2015 with low miles

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by south460, Aug 24, 2016.

1. jdonalds

jdonalds Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    Touring
    Right. My calculated mpg differs from the car's screen can be 2 or even 3 mpg apart; usually the calculated is lower.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    true, but a full tank average will be much higher than what you're seeing on the screen.

3. PriusSport

PriusSport senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I had to choose between the two--a '13 Prius 3 (2) base model vs a '16 Eco. I liked the '13 because it was a lease with 20K miles and still under warranty--plus maintenance free for a year. Plus $7K cheaper. The '13 was more like my '08, but handled better and quicker, I liked the eco mode option. Plus the Ecopia tires I had on my '08. The '16 had a softer ride, quite different dash, and Toyo tires (!). I'm getting at least 55 mpg in the eco mode. Hard to say where it will settle out after only one fill-up. But mpg is 10%+ better than the '08 in the eco mode, and about same power. Bigger engine helps. I made the right decision. Sales guy, by the way, steered me away from several used '14 plug-ins at same price. Said they weren't that popular, and not many power stations. Agree. Think the gas-electric concept is most practical, especially with cheap gas now from west U.S. shale.

sttkailua likes this.
  4. PriusSport

PriusSport senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    With regards to the smart key, One thing I noticed about the '13 vs my old '08 is I can't open the rear hatch when the car is locked unless I press the unlock button on the key fob twice. To open all doors. The rear hatch latch doesn't recognize the key fob in your pocket like the '08 does.
    Anybody know any remedies for this? I assume nothing is malfunctioning.

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Buy a Five-AT. When the Gen 3 was defeatured (or decontented) one of the casualties was 3 door SKS standard.

6. PriusSport

PriusSport senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks. They took out the rear camera, too, on the base model. But it's still a better car than the '08. I can put up with using the key fob to open the rear hatch.