1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help on knowing a good deal?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by lks, Sep 1, 2016.

1. lks

lks New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello. This will be my first Prius and I have read lots of the threads here on what people paid, but am still not clear on what number I should be shooting for. I am in MD (6% tax), and am looking for an OTD price from dealers with no trade in. I can pay cash or finance, whatever nets the best price.

I am looking for a 2016 Prius 2 or 2 ECO, with no added equip. I got an online quote from Stadium Toyota in Tampa because I saw it recommended in the forums (I am in FL frequently and am ok buying the car in MD or FL, but MD would be easier). They gave me an OTD price, cash - no financing, including MD tax on the 2 ECO of $22,754 which I thought a little high based on others numbers posted here. It list the veh. price as $20,453 with the rest tax, tag, dealer fee ($800) and electronic filing fee of $75. No incentives were spelled out.

What number do you guys think I should be shooting for on a basic 2 or 2 ECO (I expect the ECO to cost approx $500 more than the 2), with 6% tax included?

Thanks for your help!

2. smokiejoe

smokiejoe Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Check out Fitzmall. Prices are usually the lowest around. Maybe see if a local dealer will match or come close to their price.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! sounds like a great price, have you checked out the low price thread?

4. ILuvMyPriusToo

ILuvMyPriusToo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There is a $2000 incentive in PA (recently raised, I believe, to $2500, but we also just started a new month). Can't see where that figures into your price.

5. Will_Prius16

Will_Prius16 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I purchased a 2 over the weekend. Cash, in order to take advantage of the rebate by Toyota. Pearl white. My price before tax and license was $20,000 even. No options. Tax for me was 8%. After taxes, OTD was 22100. Not the best but not bad as well.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

tjp likes this.
  6. ILuvMyPriusToo

ILuvMyPriusToo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It is amazing the bite sales taxes take, and how that varies from state to state.