1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help please don’t know what to try next

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Janer726, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Janer726

Janer726 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Some friends gave my 16 year old daughter a 2007 Prius as her first car. We’ve replaced the hybrid battery and the 12 volt battery and we still have the “red triangle of death” along with the VSC light and some others on on the dash. Took to an Auto Zone to have the code reader hooked up and it’s giving the P0A80 code saying it’s the hybrid battery. Is there anything else it could be? The gas mileage has also dropped by about 15 miles to the gallon. I’m about at my wits end.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If you're still getting the P0A80 - replace hybrid battery, that just means the one you put in is also no good

3. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When you replaced the hybrid battery did you fully engaged the orange plug?

It is a 3 step process
    Insert plug.
    Swing handle upwards.
    Push handle straight down until it clicks.

Did you install a new hybrid battery from Toyota?

What are you using to scan the car?

Are you able to see live data like all the Battery module voltages?

4. borgestes

borgestes Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Congrats on the prius, the 2007 is an excellent choice as a first car. One little fly in the ointment is that the battery is not like a spare tire or water pump. You cant just swap it out with a junk yard battery and expect it to work. But the solution is easy, I am rebuilding a battery right now. Invest a little money in a blue tooth odb2 reader and the application called prius doctor or hybrid assistant and look at the actual condition of the battery. Hopefully you did get a junkyard battery and got to keep the core. You should be able to use both to build 1 good battery. If your not a diy kind of fella then find a battery man in your area and get them to sort it out. Once you get the car battery happy and the other little things that go (my cluster died while working on the battery) you should get a couple of years out of the car with great mileage. You just have to slow down and work through the problems. It will take time but its not too hard.