1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP! Power window switch blinking

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Huibin, Mar 17, 2008.

1. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    that's nothing, most of the world doesn't have a middle class, most of the world lives in giant overpopulated cities like Taiwan, Hong Kong or Singapore where sales tax on cars can exceed 1000%, yes that's three not two zeroes. My uncle lives in HK, I visited several times back when they were british empire, in order to sell a lot of british cars they only imposed 200% sales tax on them which is why HK is known as the Rolls Royce capital of the world because you can buy a Rolls Royce for less than a BMW or Mercedes.

back in college in 98 my friend asked his dad for a bmw m3, his dad sent him $400,000 because that's what it cost in Indonesia, long story short, he got his M3, a 355 Berlinetta and a Dodge Durango for the winter, and yes he had enough left over for the gas and insurance to drive the Ferrari.

So don't see cars as being expensive in other countries, you should instead consider yourself lucky and that cars are cheap in this country.

2. Driver Desiree

Driver Desiree New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I was having THIS exact issue and tried your simple fix and voilá, it worked. Thanks!!!

3. Driver Desiree

Driver Desiree New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----

4. vkbmt

vkbmt New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks very much!!! Your solution fixed my car's power window lights blinking issue. I have a 2012 Prius plug-in that I bought a few days back and faced the same power window issue. I believe my issue was caused due to battery replacement. This is very important to keep in mind with new battery replacements..........my Toyota service shop told me I'll have to pay $125 diagnostic fee and they'll probably have to replace the driver side window switch module.....ha ha!

Data Daedalus likes this.
  5. Capt Ed

Capt Ed Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Awesome!! Thank You, Thank You! Same thing happened to my 2010 Prius after the Dealer replaced the 12V battery, and this procedure solved the problem! Ya gotta' think that the mechanics are aware of this condition when changing the battery and would initiate this procedure before returning the vehicle to the owner!
    Thank goodness for Prius Chat and all that contribute!! Thank You Chris!!

Ed

6. Fahad’s

Fahad’s Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    thanks for this post i have had a same problem after i have changed my 12v battery today and i was worried on flashing lights in auto switch but i have fixed that now with the help of this post thanks.

Data Daedalus likes this.
  7. Panha

Panha New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I had this problem over a week, now it fixed follow this procedure. Thank you.

8. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    On my 2013 Prius Plug-in Advanced Technology, rolling the window down then up holding fixed my switch. Many thanks yall