1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help-Prius 2008 & a new phone purchase

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by sportygal, Dec 18, 2007.

1. sportygal

sportygal prius 2008 Owner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi Guys,

I am in the market for a bluetooth phone that will work with my new Prius 2008. I have Verizon Wireless. I'm shopping for a PDA?smart phone. I'd like to get a phone with mobile windows, a navigation system and mobile email, text messaging, pic & video messging etc some other perks for my business. Any recommendations out there on what is working?

Thanks & Happy Holidays!

2. bayareakirk

bayareakirk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  3. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    sportygal,
    In my opinion, you should just concentrate on choosing the right phone from Verizon that fits your needs. Prius is not picky in terms of Bluetooth pairing and operation. In my experiences, most Motorola phones support BT very well.

4. longterm

longterm Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Having used several different Treos, as well as other *supposed* smartphones, the only one that I've found that is truly a smartphone is the Apple iPhone.

Granted, you're not on AT&T, so this may be a futile suggestion, but it's the only smartphone with a browser that shows you true web pages. In addition, the Google map integration is really something; it works great in my 07 Prius, and will even work with an iPod adapter if you were to want to use it that way (I have the Vais iPod kit in my Prius and it works great).

I'm a picky cellphone user, and have loved my iPhone; I'm already looking forward to the next version!

Bob P.
    Nashville, TN

5. Spinnerbug

Spinnerbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Ia m with AT& T, formerly cingular and my Blackberry Pearl works just fine with my new 2008 Prius.

6. ichi4fun

ichi4fun New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am on Verizon. Using Blackberry 8130 just fine

7. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    After having 2 Motorola phones fail just out of warranty I'd buy a carrier pidgeon rather than another Motorola mobile phone. Pity really, my first Motorola, back in the analog phone days, worked well for years, it was just a bit big especially when I had the 30 hour standby battery on it rather than the 8 hour battery. I have friends who have had bad experiences with the newish Razr mobiles too.