1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help- Prius leaking fluids

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by PriusGuy816, Aug 19, 2019.

1. PriusGuy816

PriusGuy816 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Help... changed out the coolant valve yesterday and woke up this morning with coolant (I'm guessing coolant) all down the driveway. After getting everything back into place, topped off lost fluids and did the special sequence-thing to run idle for a bit. No leaks noticed here. Then this morning a trail of leakage down the driveway - trail is average about a foot wide and runs maybe 15' down.

Checked all the hoses and they look pretty good (clamped and seated - (almost) - snug... one is a little shy of end range, about 2 mm). But pretty dry! I'm going to jack up the car now and see if I can spot any leaking/wet areas. Other than that I'm a bit lost, as it seems like a lot a fluid lost and I'm not sure where else it could be coming from. Any thoughts or ideas welcome.

2. Aegean

Aegean Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I changed the three way valve a few months ago. I remember that in order to take off the three hoses from the three way valve I had to grab them really hard to a point I was afraid if they were disconnected to the other end. Maybe one of those connections in the other end of the hose is disconnected and it leaks only when the valve is open for that hose.

3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You must take the radiator cap off to check the coolant the overflow tank can show full and the rad will be empty. Take the black plastic cover off the top of the rad and theirs the rad cap.

Raytheeagle and Skibob like this.