1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help! Prius trashed at son's school eco day!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by seb33, Mar 22, 2012.

1. seb33

seb33 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Cycledrum, would you consider PM'ing me a copy of one of your speeches...
    I would be willing to go to the school and present a speech about hybrids and the Pruius...
    as a counterpoint to the information that was previously given...

2. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I wonder if anyone got the presentation on video, or any handouts or cards saying who was speaking.

3. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Then we find the original speaker. Bring him back to the school and have a "New and Better" Eco day!

Our Eco Day!

He will be brought before the school and the full power of a fully charged traction battery will be used to extract THE TRUTH!

He will reveal who is behind the plot!
    He will sign the admission that he lied!

Believe me....the children will never forget! We won't let them forget THE TRUTH!

Sometimes harmony between Man, Nature and Machine is not pretty...but must be defended at any cost!

4. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I looked it over and don't think it would fit the need. I think the best information is from the video 'Prius Life Cycle - Youtube'.
    That video refutes any claims of Toyota / Prius not being an eco friendly car. Capture the words, edit or maybe play the video thru a laptop and put your own intro and conclusion in.

5. seb33

seb33 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, the school has computers and they are able to access youtube...I would like the teacher to show it to the classes involved...its great for students, and lots of useful information...

6. dhancock

dhancock 2 Prius Family

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I just don't know why you have not taken this issue of "misinformation" being "promoted" in the schools directly to school administration. They need to know that misinformation is being taught to students as fact.

7. seb33

seb33 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I did send 2 emails to my son's teacher and asked her to forward them to the principal and vice principal. I will be contacting the school directly on Monday (I had previous plans for a full day outing on Friday and couldn't call the school then, hence the email to the teacher). I will definitely be taking this to the school administration and possibly the school board if this organization or individual is making the same presentation at other schools. I wanted to gather the facts myself in a concise and well presented way because it looks like I have to go into the school and speak to the staff and convince them otherwise...

8. RaZa

RaZa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    removed