1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help: Removing Upper Radiator Support for 2010 Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by PS07, Mar 8, 2019.

1. PS07

PS07 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Hello Priuschat! First time posting in awhile sorry if this is a duplicate post I think I started a conversation earlier.

We have a 3rd Gen 2010 Prius that has a bent upper radiator support. The hood was pushed back as well by about 1 inch but not bent (just needs new hinges)

The upper radiator support was pushed in by about 1 or 2 inches so now that hood won't close properly because the latch is pushed in as well.

I've ordered the part to replace but was wondering if it's just bolted in or is it welded as well to the main radiator support?

Attached are some photos. I'm know how to remove the front bumper and have experience working on the car(PCV valve/intake manifold replacement, hybrid battery repair, etc) so I'm comfortable removing parts.

(Front bumper clips/bolts were removed so youll see how much the upper radiator support is bent in. Also you can the hood latch is very close to the coolant line but did not puncture or damage it)

Part that I ordered in photo

Attached Files:

2. padroo

padroo Senior Member

Chesterton, Indiana Another third world country.
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You might want to stop by a automotive frame shop, they might be able to pull it back in place, you would be surprised at what they can do.
    Once you remove the support you might find that the front fenders are too wide and will have to be pulled in a little to make things fit again.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Body shop time. It'd be irresponsible to fix that on the cheap, doubly so to sell it in that condition. For reference:

[​IMG]

Pic of ours for comparison:

IMG_0148.JPG

Pretty much everything is shifted back in that engine bay, at least 2 inches..

#3 Mendel Leisk, Mar 8, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    padroo likes this.
  4. padroo

padroo Senior Member

Chesterton, Indiana Another third world country.
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Nice comparison pictures Mendel.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Doesn't take much to get me out in the garage in my pj's. :rolleyes:

If you compare air filter box, the gaps in front and behind, it looks like close to 4" total push back.