1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP!! Replaced Hybrid Battery still not working

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by krypticnexus, Apr 25, 2023.

1. krypticnexus

krypticnexus New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hello all as the title says i had the P0A80 code so i replaced my battery. Well after that it wouldnt go in to drive or reverse. So I thought it was the 12v battery since the car did set for a month plus. So i charged the battery over night and put it back in still will not go in to drive or reverse. still says check hybrid system on the dash. i have checked the there is no dtc and only thing i see is in the permanent section and that is the P0A80 code. i have checked the on board diagnostic thing and it shows no current stuff also.

When i power on the car i can here my battery (probably fan) but the car beeps and bitches at me and will not go in to drive so im at a lose. also the dome light will not shutoff.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    did you replace it with a new oem?

did you complete the third step with the orange safety plug?

3. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Safety plug not completely locked down is the usual (and easy) culrpit.

4. TurtleBlue

TurtleBlue New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Check the relays as well. My first batt swap was a no-go. The bodyshop I work for and the Don-Glo brake shop printed up and troubleshot with the electrical diagrams for 2 days till they hit upon one of the relays was bad, preventing start-up of my gen2.

5. krypticnexus

krypticnexus New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hey everybody thanks for the replies. While i was waiting for this to get approved. I disconnected everything battery wise and let it set for a few and then reconnected everything and it was fine oddly. I know when i made this post i was quite anxious. Thank you all again if i had seen these they would have helped for sure.

TurtleBlue and bisco like this.