1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help Requested from Tempur-Pedic and memory foam mattress owners

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by cycledrum, Jul 7, 2011.

1. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    What is sleeping hot to one person isn't noticeable to the next. This is a difficult topic to communicate in a meaningful way.

Our bedroom is never over 78F. At 78F on the Temperpedic a sheet is adequate cover, a couple of degrees cooler and we add a lightweight cotton quilt.

It is a little warmer than our previous conventional mattress but always comfortable enough for a sheet on top, usually another cover too. We also haven't notices any sweatyness or clamminess as a result of being close to foam.

We have noticed the extra warmth more in the winter. We used to use a thin comforter and blanket on cold nights but rarely add the blanket in the winter now. "Cold" nights are relative. We have a mild climate and well insulated house. With the heat off at night the inside temperature never drops below 64F

1 person likes this.
  2. Prius101

Prius101 Paid off Prius Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have had a Temperpedic mattress for a few years now. We got it with the pillow top to make sure that there would be no temperature problems. I was just diagnosed with allergies and the doctor tells me that I should get a zippered cover for the mattress because of dust mites! Guess the type of mattress doesn't matter in that case.
    But my husband's back has improved and we sleep just fine on it. If you are worried about the smell or allergies, an allergenic mattress cover might be a good investment.

1 person likes this.