1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP!!! Slip indicator lights (Hill-start assist) solid on

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by hptsang, Nov 8, 2009.

1. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hmm, so you can't get the hill start assist to work... sounds like that has been disabled and you verified the fuse is OK for that function, right? Do you still have access to the techstream and wire?
    I wouldn't worry about what they say about it being disabled (the beeps). Any other dealer could have done that for you. Personally I would pay them to have it at least diagnosed. Could be something else wrong in there.

2. jeffstumpf

jeffstumpf New Member

Normally is any warning light that stays on solid on indicates a problem. However, if the slip indicator is on solid for a reason and can be toggled per the procedure below, it is 'normal' and OK.

For the 2010 Prius IV that I have, I took it in because the slip indicator was coming with a a beep that happens every once in a while, they told me this was normal but did not explain why it does this very well. So here goes my attempt. I am tall and once and a while I stretch my legs, when fully stopped, and that puts heavy pressure on the brake pedal. What I found out later is that this was engaging the "Hill Top Assist" per page 243 of the users manual. It states that when you do a heavy pedal when stopped it starts the 'Hill-Top Assist' function. Then the slip light comes on and a beep is heard. This is way different from my 2008 Prius, but now that I now what it does it is weird but ok. To disengage hill top assist you just press the brake pedal heavy again and the light goes out, I get a new beep and I can then drive 'normally'. You should also read page 246 for more on the Slip indicator too. :eek:

3. dengar100

dengar100 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Any chance anyone else has ran into this issue? I've found two instances on prius chat with similar issues but no posted fixes.

iPhone ?