1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help starting

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Anthony Cabrera, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Anthony Cabrera

Anthony Cabrera New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    2003 prius. I lost my key. So went online bought a used ignition with key and immobilizer and the ecu. I connected everything when i went to start the car is giving power go headlight and horn but cluster radio and heater and wipers wont go on and i cant start it can someone tell me what i did wrong

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    any trouble lights on?

3. Anthony Cabrera

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    The cluster wont even light up. My friend was able to go to the fuse box and jump something and it lit up but still wouldnt start but if you turn the key on the cluster will not even light up

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    "... and immobilizer and the ecu" ?

What ecu did you replace?

When an immobilizer meets a new HV ECU or vice versa, they need to be left alone for half an hour with the ignition on, to get better acquainted. Details in the repair manual.

5. Anthony Cabrera

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I replaced the ignition and the immobilizer that connects to it lil square box in dashboard on top of steering colum the ecu it came with was the one behind the glove box on right hand side my friend said we shouldnt have had to change that just the ignition and immobilizer so i connected the old ecu back we were trying different things to get cluster to light up again. When pit key in you can here the ignition bell just nothing happens when you turn the ignition like if the ignition isnt getting any power

6. Anthony Cabrera

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    This is what i bought

Attached Files:

7. Anthony Cabrera

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    We can see that the security light stops flashing when key goes in i believe thats showing yhe clearance for that part of it this car ran beautiful all i did was lose my freaken key dealer tried to tell me 500 to make key and flash the computer and i didnt want to pay that much and get the car towed there