1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP..suggestion to buy gen II or III, used or new

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by kuku5354, May 18, 2012.

1. kuku5354

kuku5354 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    is there a good place to great deal for a pruis in bay area? I think i heard lots that sell alot of prius tend to offer it at a lower cost?

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I got my mine at Toyota Sunnyvale in January 06. I wouldn't hesitate to return there. I got my friend into an '11 Prius at the end of 2011. We spent a lot of time at Toyota Sunnyvale but she ended up buying from Piercey as Sunnyvale wasn't willing to budge on the price whereas Piercey would. She got Piercey to beat a price that was advertised (at the time) on Craigslist by Freeman Toyota in Santa Rosa and on their web site.

Word of warning about Piercey: Their F&I folks are very high pressure. Be prepared before going in. My friend wasn't and I didn't have time to prep her on what to expect and how to answer.

Another friend of mine went to a bunch of dealers but in the end got his '12 from Toyota Sunnyvale and he was happy w/the price.

3. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  4. kuku5354

kuku5354 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  5. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The market price is really what matters, cars can sell for above or below invoice depending on the supply and demand in your area.

Truecar.com can give you a ballpark idea, but at the end of the day, the price that you are willing to pay is what matters.

1 person likes this.
  6. ETP

ETP 2021 Prime(Limit),Highlander HYB Plat,B52-D,G,F,H

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    You will not always be driving 75 MPH. Think about it!

Also I have learned to drive slower since this is my 7th hybrid. Slow is good for many reasons! If we were to tax the hogs off the road then we would have a different driving experience in this country! One person in a 4x4 with 36" tires is moronic at best.