1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP! Total audio/sound failure on 05 Prius. No idea what happened!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by pzer0, Feb 21, 2010.

1. pzer0

pzer0 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So I went to pick up breakfast this morning, and when I put my Prius in to R all audio died. No CD, no AM/FM, no audio feedback when hitting buttons on MFD. The speakers pop when hitting a bump, or when the gas engine kicks in. After I got breakfast, when I put the car back in R I heard audio from my CD VERY briefly (less than a second).

I just went out to look at the manual, to see if I could find the fuse information. I turned the car on, and now everything seems fine. I was in the car when this issue first occurred for about 20 minutes, and there was definitely no audio (except for brief speaker pops) that entire time.

Any idea what caused this? I know it may not seem like a big deal, but I am just worried that this could be indicative of a larger problem.

Also, how the hell do you get to the interior fuse box in an 05? I thought I remembered reading something about it being behind the bottom glovebox, but I pulled it down and did not see anything back there. Maybe I didn't lower it enough?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2. pzer0

pzer0 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nobody? I'd really like to know possible causes of this, especially if it happens again or is a signal of something worse to come.

3. sktn77a

sktn77a Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sounds like a loose plug/connection somewhere. Of course, that could be anywhere in the audio or power system.:(

4. pzer0

pzer0 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah that's what I was afraid of. Oh well, it has worked fine ever since, so I'm not super worried. The next (well, first) thing I plan on getting for my car is a DICE adapter for my iPhone, so I'll have it somewhat taken apart when I install that... I guess I'll just use that time to make sure that all the connections are seated properly.