1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help! Trying to find best source of new tires for 2013 Prius V

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Barry N. Schmidt, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Barry N. Schmidt

Barry N. Schmidt New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm a new member here and haven't been able to find a thread on tires, so this is the next best: start my own thread.

I have a 2013 Prius V that uses 205/60/16 tires that now have about 46,000 miles on the treads. I am looking at these low-resistance choices after hours at the computer :

Michelin Defendewr TH
    Micelin Premier A/S
    Michelin Energy Saver A/S
    Bridgestone Turanza ELEL400-2
    " ECOPLA EP422 Plus
    " Turanza Quiettrack
    " Turanza Serenity Plus
    Yokohama AVID ASCENT GT

I would like to keep the price low, but not so low that noise, traction, handling and longevity issues would make me regret having bought the tires because I wanted to be too frugal.

Also, I am a Costco member, but fear that they may not carry any of the above Michelin tires. Big O, and Discount Tires have local stores, but I have not checked there yet either.

Any advice for or against the above tires listed would be appreciated.....or.....any bad experiences with the three stores would also be appreciated. I.e., if you needed a new set of tires, where would you shop and what tire would you look for?

THANKS!

Smitty

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Costco has or can get the Michelins. I would recommend them.

3. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    We like the Continental Pure Contact LRRs on the v Five.

4. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I purchased the Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 plus tires for my 2012 Prius v at Discount Tire last year and couldn't be happier.

The original Michelins cracked and rotted at the sidewalls.

5. 57fleetcraft

57fleetcraft New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    j

I just replaced the tires on my 2013 prius v with Goodyear Comfort Tread Touring tires. The original tires were Michelins only got 42,000 out of them.
    The Goodyears were about $120 each.
    I received a $145 rebate back from Goodyear. If you get a Goodyear credit card they double their rebates and give 6 months to pay with no interest. Good deal. Plus they are a 70,000 mile tire.
    These tires are great, the ride has improved 100% and the mileage has not changed, road noise has almost vanished. I live in Rhode Island so we have every type of weather.
    Check them out...
    Jim Mc

6. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Costco just has a free mounting and $75 rebate deal for Michelins. Just found this out 2 days after buying 4 at my Local tire shop.

7. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Take your best price to Discount Tire. Should be able to match or beat it. I have a Sam's Club and Costco memberships. I still go to my local America's Tire, (same company just different name), here.

8. royrose

royrose Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Michelin makes the X-Tour for warehouse clubs (Costco, Sams, BJ's) that are the same tire as the T+H Defender, just with a different name. I have those on my Prius (15" rims) and they have been great. I'm not sure they are available in the 16" size.

Costco is doing the Michelin promo that Milefocke mentioned until Feb 16.