1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help... Unknown contacts for text messages

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by robsnyder20, Jul 31, 2016.

1. robsnyder20

robsnyder20 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello All,

I have a nexus 6 with the 7" Entune with Nav but non jbl unit. Everything works fine except everything comes up unknown for receiving text messages. I played around with the settings a quite a bit. Rebooted the head unit countless times using the hold down the power button for 5 seconds trick. Totally uninstalled Entunes and reinstalled and reconnected it to the phone again and did all the updates with no luck. It does read the messages and the phone displays the contacts from the phone fine but the contacts on the SMS aren't syncing together. Since they are unknown, I am unable to do any of the quick messages thru the entune system. Any ideas and thanks in advance!

IMG_20160731_215002.jpg IMG_20160731_215013.jpg

2. 'LectroFuel

'LectroFuel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Who's your phone carrier? My car can't send any texts with an iPhone 6 and 6s Plus. I can only receive them (except with Siri).

Toyota - Entune

3. robsnyder20

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Its T-mobile but shows not much compatible with the system but most things do work. Being that it pulls in your contacts, you would think it should work for text as well but who knows. I emailed toyota too and waiting for a response. I may stop by the dealership and see what they have to say as well but I was hoping someone might have a suggestion or a solution I have not tried yet.

'LectroFuel likes this.
  4. 'LectroFuel

'LectroFuel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Good luck! There may be settings within Entune that enable receiving messages.

5. robsnyder20

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Well here is an update and got it working. My father has the same phone I do and I paired up his phone to my car and messages came thru just fine. Figured it might have been something with hangouts and ect and ended up reloading my phone to no avail. The problem I believe is that I was running an older version of Marshmallow (about 7 months old) and went thru all the updates. I also had the phone unlocked and relocked it after trying multiple things. Something in there fixed it after about 6 factory resets on the phone itself, as I tried switching google accounts and a number of other things. Resetting the entune system did nothing. So if its not working for someone else out there, try updating the version of android on your phone. I was originally running t-mobile's factory rom at 6.0.0 and updated to 6.0.1