1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP using bluetooth to talk with HTC cell phone

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by bmb1881, May 16, 2016.

1. bmb1881

bmb1881 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi Everyone,
    my husband & I have a 2004 or 2005 toyota prius. We got the vehicle at copart (salvage auction).
    Someone sadly stole the GPS navigation system. However we do have bluetooth with the car.
    My husband & I are having issues using our HTC EVO cell phone, this is through boost mobile.

The phone connection is successful with the bluetooth; The phone is paired with the vehicle bluetooth just fine. However sometimes when my husband uses the cell phone with bluetooth to call his mother, she cannot hear my husband husband speak. We can hear her just fine.
    I'm not really sure if it's the phone connection.
    I'm not sure if anyone else has this issue happening.

if anyone has any suggestions or thoughts that would be great.

Thanks,
    Bonnie

2. booke02

booke02 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What microphone are you using? Is there a microphone connected to your head unit (which could be faulty), or are you using the microphone of your HTC?

3. bmb1881

bmb1881 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for responding,
    My husband just uses the cell phone to talk. we don't have anything connected to the head unit.

4. booke02

booke02 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Perhaps there is a microphone on the front of the head unit? Try moving away from the phone while talking and see if there is any difference. If there is no difference, then it could well be that you have an external microphone somewhere - on the head unit, or elsewhere.

5. booke02

booke02 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe there is a microphone built into the front of the head unit? Try moving away from the phone when talking, and see if it makes any difference. If it doesn't, then it quite possible that you have an external microphone in some place, possibly on the head unit.