1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP! whole dash just lit up on drive home. Scanned it with scanner NO CODES popped up.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Banksy, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Banksy

Banksy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Car did not go into limp mode

When the lights came on, I stopped the car to scan it.

I turned it off then on.

When I stopped the car, battery was showing to be completely drained.

As I drove it the battery shot back up to being fully charged. Odd

Car ran and drove perfectly for I'd say about 10-15 miles during my entire ride home

2. Desert Flier

Desert Flier Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ironically I was going to post that you could just test the cells individually and replace only those necessary. The problem is the balance of inconvienience to you versus money saved. I'm no electronic engineer for sure but I wonder if replacing a few cells with new ones puts undue strain on the remaining original cells? The other thing that I would look at is the possibility that it was put back together with perhaps a loose nut(s) or something. Could be installer error? If it's under warranty that's good news. Keep us posted please. Cheers!

3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    This sounds pretty simple. A typical rebuilder swaps a couple failed modules in a battery pack and installs it in another car for 500 bucks. Provides a 6 month warranty, yet the battery codes out after less than 2 months. It shows a P0A80, that means the pack is bad, no surprise there, at all. This isn't unusual at all for most of the rebuilder 'players' out there. As long as they honor the warranty, it shouldn't cost anything to have it replaced by another similar "rebuild" battery. Assuming the warranty isn't "original owner" only.

In most cases, people get what they pay for and don't get what they don't pay for.

4. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    May not be complete, but will offer up some historical data : http://toyota.com/owners

Raytheeagle likes this.
  5. Banksy

Banksy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Don't know if this helps

Attached Files: