1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help will not start.!

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by luis morales, Jun 11, 2022.

1. luis morales

luis morales Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    13 prius c that rolled over in ditch. Seller said he drove it off tow truck. Parked for 6 months. I bought it. 12v battery died. I replaced battery. Will not start. Paid a guy with Toyota software to scan. He said hybrid system is fine. But p0c73 code. Which is water pump in engine is bad. But radiator was damaged so that can be it. So I replaced rad and water pump. Car will not start. All light come on. When I shift to reverse or drive it says to put in park to starts. Took car to " prius experts " and they have car for 5 days still no call back. The code p0c73 is a permanent ode which means I need to drive to clear it. But cat will. Not start.

2. John in Vermont

John in Vermont Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    What is the condition of the traction battery? If the car sat for 6 months the traction battery may have gone dead. The 12 volt battery is only for the electronics and lights, the traction battery is what starts the motor.

3. BiomedO1

BiomedO1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    what's the condition of that orange cable? Inspect and follow it back to the traction battery, while checking for damage.

have you check the traction battery cut-off switch? Pull it out, clean it up, and reinsert it. First responders may have pull it as a safety precaution.

Was the ditch full of water?? You may have damaged electronics. If the cabin has a mildew odor - things got wet!!!! Even if you do get it running, IMHO: this would be an unreliable car; something I wouldn't take on road trips.

I doubt the pack got discharged by sitting dormant for 6 months, without help - malfunction, short, or constant drain. Once the 12vdc battery died; the relays should've opened-up and disconnected the traction battery.

Hope this helps..

4. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    There's more to the story than what the seller said

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you're not getting all the codes. if they used tech stream, you must have a communication issue. bad wiring or ecu's.

did you use the 3 step process for replacing the orange service plug?