1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help with 2014 PIP Tail Lights

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by CaliGuy, Oct 1, 2020.

1. CaliGuy

CaliGuy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I need to replace the driver side rear tail light on my 2014 Prius Plug-In but they seem to be pretty pricy $150 - $200 for 1.
    My tail light lens is clear but I see some off them have two red lines/strips on the lens which cost less....would they work and is one better or worse than the other?
    Any after market tail lights worth looking at?
    not looking for expensive after market lights either as probably not keeping the car more than a year or so more.
    Thank you in advance.

2. CookieGuru

CookieGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If new ones are too expensive and you don't want an aftermarket one then a used one is your only option. Here's one for $65, and another one for $72. I'm not sure why you think the aftermarket ones are expensive, because this one is $71.14, less than half the price you quoted.

You could also get one from a junk yard; prices here suggest they're pretty much in line with eBay.

The absolute cheapest option is this one for $47.99 but note it's from an older styling of the Gen III and won't match the right side.

Installation is an easy do-it-yourself job needing not much more than a screwdriver, see this video for details. Check this one out too, but it's not quite as detailed.

The last option is not replacing it all since you're "not keeping the car more than a year or so more."

3. CaliGuy

CaliGuy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base