1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help with blower fan

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by grzesko, Apr 25, 2020.

1. grzesko

grzesko New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    My new to me 2017 v blower fan makes clicking sounds when running. it's steady .. tick tick tick, faster as the fan is set higher. Before I take it out, anyone else have this issue?

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Debris in the fan ducting?

3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I would take out the filter and check for sticks and other items. The filter is behind the glove box compartment. You may be able to get it through the "filter exchange cover". Or you do what I do, empty the glove box, disconnect the cable holding it and unclip the top retainers. It will swing down and dump everything because you forgot to do the empty step. Then there is a rectangular cover behind there and you unclip it and remove. The filter slides out. Pay attention to the direction of the arrow on the filter and the long side versus the short side orientation. Remove mouse nest (maybe) or other stuff. If you have another filter put it in. If not clean the one you have and put it in. Reinstall all the parts and clean up your mess when you dumped the glove box.

Attached Files:

#3 rjparker, Apr 25, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    baseball card caught in the spokes

Air_Boss likes this.
  5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    In the ones I've done (Gen 1 and Gen 3 liftback), I found that the bottom of the glovebox disengages quite easily. In Gen 1 there are two hinge pins to push out; in Gen 3 it's even easier, just lifts off the hinges IIRC.

Knowing that, I tend to unhook the stuff at the top, lift off of the hinges, and remove the box right side up. You miss out on the dump stuff on the floor step, but that's only funny the first time anyway.

#5 ChapmanF, Apr 26, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2020