1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help with bulb replacements

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Patrick Conner, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Patrick Conner

Patrick Conner New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi Everyone.. I am brand new to this group and the Prius World. I just bought 3 days ago a 2016 Prius Two (black) and I am wanting to replace all the bulbs that are normal bulbs with LED bulbs for a better look... Can anyone tell me what bulbs to buy..
    Dome - Front and back
    Parking lights Front
    Reverse Lights Back
    Licence Plate Light
    Door panel lights

and any other light bulbs you think I need to replace.. Sorry just new at this.. Also Any more updates that you think I need to do please let me know.. As I said I am brand new at this Prius Stuff..

Thanks
    Patrick

SacMcNasty likes this.
  2. Cshigeok

Cshigeok Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    front dome, doors and trunk are 921 bulbs, the back dome is a festoon. =)

3. Vman455

Vman455 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Look for 194/T10 bulbs. 921 use the same base, but are larger than 194 and may not fit if you try and replace them with 921. (All previous gens have used 194 and 3175 interior lights; I would be very surprised if Toyota changed to 921, as this bulb type is not as common, especially for interior lighting). I recommend Philips Vision LED; they're a longtime OEM lighting supplier, the LEDs have good color (no blue Ebay special-look), and they come with a 12-year warranty.

4. 70834

70834 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I replaced the interior lights from JDM Astar (jdmastar dot com). Enter your car info to search by vehicle. For the rear dome I bought "JDM ASTAR Extremely Bright EX Chipsets Error Free 1.25 inches 31mm DE3175 DE3021 DE3022 3175 LED Bulbs, Xenon White" and all other lights I bought "JDM ASTAR Extremely Bright 3030 Chipsets 168 175 194 2825 W5W T10 LED Bulbs,Xenon White--Brightest T10 Bulb on the market and 2yr Warranty Included." The lights are bright and white. Reasonable price. Search Amazon for the titles I pasted for each above. I bought them on Amazon. I replaced the rear dome (the 31mm), the 2 map lights, the 2 vanity mirror lights, and the cargo area light (all 3030 T10).

For the doors I bought the Toyota logo projection lights for $12 (for 2). They're nice. Search for "Bailongju Toyota Easy Installation Car Door LED Logo Projector Ghost Shadow Lights 2-pc Set" on Amazon.

I haven't replaced any exterior lights yet and would also like to know what others say.

5. FussGus

FussGus New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I am brand new as well. Just picked up my '16 Three Touring on the 11th and I am going to be changing out all my bulbs as well.

6. FussGus

FussGus New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Here is what I did tonight. Added the Toyota Logo to the doors and finally made good use to the LED strip I have had laying around that was originally for my Volkswagen. I need to extend the wires and hide them better but it is a proof of concept as of right now. Photo Feb 18, 7 59 21 PM.jpg Photo Feb 18, 7 59 34 PM.jpg Photo Feb 18, 7 59 42 PM.jpg Photo Feb 18, 8 00 06 PM.jpg

RCO and krmcg like this.