1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help with debadging

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by griffin911, Jun 17, 2007.

1. 911turbox50

911turbox50 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    -

Attached Files:

2. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I rarely need to use anything but my fingers. If you DO need to get stickum off, there's no mystery. Use WD-40 or kerosene (basically the same thing). Will not harm the paint, and will remove all stickum. Just clean it all off when done, and re-wax. Will be as good as new, if not better.

Not true. Depending on what you call "stronger."

3. racerbob

racerbob Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    This works for me. Not quite large enough to completely cover the holes on one side as you can see in the picture. Also the L & R sides will have to go in different spots to disguise the holes. You can't see both sides at the same time anyway. :)
    Toyota # PTR26-17640

Attached Files:

4. Ct. Ken V

Ct. Ken V Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    guys & gals,

Well, if you're going to remove the HSD/hybrid badge on the fenders (whether you have holes underneath or not), another choice besides the TRD badge above would be to go to your local Lexus dealer & get 2 of the VSC (vehicle stability control) stick-on emblems/badges (I'm not sure, however, if they are big enough to cover the holes you guys have on the '07's & '08's).

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

5. jukeboy

jukeboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I used a steam gun and some hemming thread/fishing line as well as a type of wedge as suggested by evnut.com (akin to your chisel method); didn't know there was a tab on the fender and took an inordinate time to figure that out, but discounting that misstep it could've taken all of under 20 minutes in the comfort of my garage. I left the HSD emblem on the hatch:

[​IMG]

6. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've added a second chapter to my de-logoing saga, sort of
    following its development here. I expect that eventually there
    will be a third.
    _H*

7. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I finally finished the job:
    [​IMG]
    Details/procedure are here.
    _H*

8. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    That came out great. I'll give you some leftover black pipe insulation to replace the orange if you want to coordinate your colors.

9. chrisspaulding

chrisspaulding sexy, high tech, fun

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Great project!
    A lot of hard to reverse work though.

Couple questions:
    Why not buy car body graphic black vinyl and stick it on (would have been almost exact same look), then peel it off when you changed your mind?
    Why did you want a triangle-like shape instead of straight?

10. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Nice work! This is by far the best part of the project:
    http://techno-fandom.org/~hobbit/cars/logos/deelie.jpg

when I had my logo bits off, I so desperately wanted to figure out what to put back to cover up those holes. Of course I ended up with putting the stupid chrome logos back, but not before lots of head scratching. I think the nose really needs a pig's snout to do it justice. IF they'd just lined the mounting holes up horizontally, we could have worked with that... but no... nobody was looking out for us!

I don't even remember what is holding my emblems on any longerl. I think I just used a dab of silicone on the studs. One day I'll probably take a look and see them missing. Then I'll get back to this project. Don't worry - I'll use a big red flame on mine so it doesn't look like I just ripped off your idea. :)

11. Tchou

Tchou Member

i Agree...

[​IMG]

I first removed them to ease cleaning... but for the look too... unfortunately it's a 2007' and there are holes under hybrid signs on the front...

12. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
  13. Ichiro

Ichiro Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Ok that one made me giggle :rapture:

14. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I removed the badges in the back today... Was thinking of a tiny orange LED w/tiny fixture for the holes in the front fenders. Perhaps wire it to the turn indicator? Seems it could be considered a safety improvement. Anyone know the best way to source the right LED, as well as the smallest possible waterproof fixture to hold the LED?

Also considering replacing the Toyota Logo in the front hood with a sticker that looks like the Gen3 logo... Seems this will make waxing easier, as well as save the lives of some rare lucky bugs... Or something? :)

15. caymandiver75

caymandiver75 Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have an 06 Prius and removed the side Hybrid badges yesterday and can also confirm there are no holes behind it. The removal was very easy as it was 95F yesterday. Took some fishing line behind the badge to remove it then used "Goof Off" to easily remove the residue. After that I just rewaxed and I can't tell there was ever a badge there.

Justdidit likes this.
  16. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring

Lucky that your 2006 didn't - my 2008 does...

17. talonts

talonts VFAQman

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Has anyone ever found vinyl logos the exact size of the front/rear Toyota logos? It doesn't help that they are slightly different sizes (REALLY, Toyota?!?).

I want to replace the chrome logos with black vinyl on my red 06. I'd rather use vinyl for easy cleaning/waxing over plasti-dipping the current logos.