1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help with p0a80 Battery Codes (Dr Prius, obd 2 Bluetooth)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Levi Gonzalez, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Levi Gonzalez

Levi Gonzalez Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hello! Need a little bit of input here. Made a long 600 mile drive and the last part of it all the dash lights came on and it said check the hybrid system and pull over. drove 40 miles home...

Next day had someone scan it with their handheld and it came back as code p0a80 / hybrid battery code....

I proceeded to remove the hybrid fan, and clean it. And also fully charge the 12v Battery. Reinstalled everything and not there are Zero dash lights on my Prius. Did it simply reset the codes? or what happened?

I have a Bluetooth reader and Dr Prius app.
    here's my question...

Do I need to do the full battery test or life expectancy test to see the condition of the modules?

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Probably your codes got reset.

If they come back, usually in addition to the P0A80 code, there will be one or more specific codes pointing to a block of two modules. That can be useful if you want to whack-a-mole the battery. If you prefer to skip the whack-a-mole and just replace it, the P0A80 code is really all the information you need.

Levi Gonzalez likes this.