1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help with Past Record Display

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Ashley7, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    So under past record, you can switch between multiple screens by pressing the Trip button. It saves the records for the entire time the car has been driven, Trip A, and Trip B. The overall past record works fine. However, Trip A and Trip B do not appear to be updating at all.

One trip shows only mileage for first and second place, and third is blank. It doesn't ever update with new mpgs (in fact first and second are quite low). If I go to that screen at the end of a drive, it shows, for example, that my current mileage from that trip is number one (down the at the bottom), but never updates the actual record.

The other trip has no records at all.

I was planning to keep one trip going without resetting it, so that I can monitor overall average mileage. The other, I plan to reset with each tank. So I've already reset it once, and it still is not recording.

Is this a setting I need to change? Has anyone else had the same issue? I hope I've explained myself well enough.

Help!

2. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I suppose 96 views and no replies means no one else has this issue?

I just saw "Past Record can be reset" in the manual...I assume that will reset all of the info... But it seems to be my only option at this point, as I'm not seeing anything else about it in the manual. Best to lose all the data early on, I suppose. All that would really be a bummer is losing the monthly average, but I've only had it a month.

In case there are any interested lurkers, I'll report back on whether it works when I have a chance to try it.

3. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Are you resetting Trip A and B? The past history updates each time you reset Trip A or B. I use Trip A for my tank refill information and reset at each refill. I normally only use Trip B for trips.

4. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Yes, I reset Trip A when I filled my tank recently. No change to the Past Records display :/

I swear cars these days need to come with a technical support hotline :rolleyes:

5. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The only other thing that I can think of is are you doing a complete refill with greater than 5 or 6 gallons. I remember reading where the gas gauge will not reset sometime without at least 5 0r 6 gallons.

Other than that I would take it to the dealer and let them fix it.

6. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    there's two different things... monthly average, and personal best..
    you have it set at personal best if you're seeing the 1st, 2nd, 3rd thing on the screen.

i keep trip B as my running average from when i got the car (and don't plan to ever reset that).. and pretty much runs parallel with the odometer, miles wise.. and then use my trip A for my tank.

i don't really use past records since i usually just check how my mileage is just by cycling thru the trip readings.

7. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Yes, sorry, I was referring to the Personal Best screen. Monthly average only came up because I assume resetting past record will get rid of that info. But as I said, it's only been one month, so not a big deal if that is the case.

I use my trips the same as you, Squall. Would just like to be able to see the personal best for the tank each time.

I've only filled once, and it was over 8 gallons. And I reset it manually, so that shouldn't be an issue. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

8. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Well, resetting the past record through the settings screen didn't fix it. It did delete all Personal Bests on all three screens, but my trip home for lunch was only recorded on the main ODO Personal Best screen, and not on either Trip screen. If anyone thinks of anything, I'll be glad to hear it. I doubt the dealers know the ins and outs of little things like this this early on, but I may try giving them a call at some point.

9. Koolfreak

Koolfreak Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Same thing here... third is black and not updated...

10. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Glad I'm not the only one. I just sent an email to Toyota. Not sure they're really meant to handle inquiries like that, but I'll let you know if I hear anything back.

11. kun1he2

kun1he2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I believe the Trip A and Trip B personal best numbers are buggy - it can show really weird impossibly high numbers right after a trip rest - which then calls for another trip reset to remove the numbers... :(

Thus, I'm only using the ODO personal best numbers now - but then again, there's this annoying 99.9km/l (probably 100mpg for you folks in the US?) best score that shows up whenever you drive for a short distance without kicking in the gasoline engine - and it will be stuck at top position, eventually you'll probably end up with 99.9 (or 100) at the top 3 - until you do clear all your past records... sigh...

Will be great if these can be corrected in future firmware upgrades... if any... ?

12. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    ^Yep, that's my issue. The overall top three is always going to have these numbers that don't actually mean anything. 99.9 mpg from when I changed parking spots? Don't really need to see that one.

A neat feature would be if you could set a threshold for number of miles driven per trip, so that if it's shorter than a certain length, it doesn't get counted in the personal best. Getting picky with my features now :)

13. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Response from Toyota:

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We are sorry to hear of your concerns with the display of your Prius c. We do not show a Special Service Campaign or recall for the condition you described, and thus do not have specific insight to provide. If you feel you have a failed or broken component, our recommendation is to allow your Toyota dealership to evaluate the system and assess if it is working correctly. If there is a dealership we can contact for you, please let us know.

We have documented your comments at our National Headquarters, where they remain available for review from the appropriate departments. It is through feedback such as yours we are able to monitor and improve upon the quality of our product.

If we may be of further assistance, please contact us via email or by calling 800-331-4331. We are available from 5 AM to 6 PM, Pacific Time, Monday through Friday, and from 7 AM to 4 PM Saturday.

We have documented your comments at our National Headquarters under file #1205031266.

Robert Browning
    Toyota Customer Experience

14. kun1he2

kun1he2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd be glad if they simply ignored 99.9 records... :)

Anyway, thanks for logging this and the Trip A/B issue with Toyota.

15. caryanne

caryanne Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I just reset Trip A for the first time, it shows up on my past records (55.1 mpg for my first 400 miles!). Trip B is still blank, since I haven't reset that one yet. I'm pretty sure it's independent of when/if you fill your tank. Try resetting trip A after every trip you take....if there's still a problem, take it back to the dealer and see if there's a reset they can do for the computer system?