1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help with removing 2012 Twist Posts for Driver's Mat.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Akima, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Akima

Akima Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello everyone, I just picked up a brand new 2012 Prius II a week ago. In Canada Toyota includes both the carpet mats and so called "All Weather" mats. While the front "All Weather" mats do a fair job of protecting the interior, the back mats do a real crappy job of it. It was for this reason why I decided to pick up a full set of Weathertech digital fit mats. My issue is that I ordered these online and did not realize that there was a difference between the 2011 and 2012 driver's mat. Specifically, in 2012 toyota switched to the twist posts and increased the space between the posts. While I've reached out to the ebay seller and weathertech to see if I can just exchange the drivers side mat, I may just be out of luck. If that's the case, then one option I may have is to remove the twist posts. Does anyone know how difficult it is to remove them without destroying them?

2. Zeus661

Zeus661 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Can you add another hole in the florr mat instead of removing the posts?

3. ToddofWaco

ToddofWaco Junior Member

Not to highjack the thread... but I was going to order the digital fit for my 2013 Prius III tomorrow. I'm hoping they will have the right fit? If anyone knows... do tell please and thanks.

4. Akima

Akima Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Didn't really want to add another hole as it would likely be the low point and liquids would seep out onto the carpet underneath.

5. energyandair

energyandair Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    If you remove the posts, how would you anchor the driver's mat?

6. Akima

Akima Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The weathertech mats fit tight to the contours of the car. Can't see it moving once in place

7. toyolover

toyolover Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    I have the Weathertech mats on my 2010. The design of the mat has 1-1/2" raised edge. It fits on the floor perfectly and doesn't even require the posts to keep it in place. Because of its sluggish fit, it won't move at all after you put it on the floor.
    If the posts do not fit on your model year, it will leave two holes on the mats. I'd recommend to have certain kind of plug or put black electrical tape to cover up the holes so water won't get in when it rains or when snows melted on it.