1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. Pablo1914

Pablo1914 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi guys! I'm getting the triangle &a red power light and the word "problem" on the display. No codes show up.
    Car won't start anymore

I went to check mode pushing the display and lights on off 3 times to check the battery.
    I was able to turn it on once (after disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it) and the 12 v read 14.7
    In diagnosed mode and no load It reads 12.3
    It reads 11.8 under load (pushing power bottom again but engine still off

Any thoughts?

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    1. Did you get Mini VCI working? You need that to retrieve the DTC.
    2. Check engine compartment fluids
    3. What does "turn it on once" mean? Can you make the car READY after disconnecting the 12V battery? If so, can the car be driven? If the car can be driven, does it demonstrate any driveability symptoms?
    4. Has the 12V battery been replaced recently? If not, have you fully-charged it overnight? The voltage should be 12.9V or 13.0V when the car is IG-OFF and after surface charge has dissipated.
    5. Your OP does not contain very much information. Your other thread here contains much more information about your car. If you have water in the hatch area, the traction battery may have developed a high voltage ground fault. That would cause the hybrid vehicle ECU to prohibit restart after the car has been turned off.

, New to prius | Page 3 | PriusChat

#2 Patrick Wong, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    replace the 12v and take it to a dealer for trouble codes.