1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Henri's Bakersfield Trip Facts

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by HPrimeAdvanced, Jun 10, 2017.

1. CoastRider

CoastRider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks Henri. Good report.

HPrimeAdvanced likes this.
  2. 'LectroFuel

'LectroFuel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I would think twice about the defenders. They're comfy and quiet, but kiss the 50+ MPG bye bye. When I had the defenders on the gen 2 I got about 32 MPG when I usually get 40, so I returned them. Big difference IMO. I still haven't had a good set of eco tires. My gen 2 is riding on Yokohamas right now and the MPG is pretty good, but they are pretty noisy still, especially compared to my gen 4. Nice to have you back CoastCruiser! ;);)

priuscatprimeguy likes this.
  3. breakfast

breakfast Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Not really. It gave Toyota the flexibility to spec OEM tires with an 85 mph speed rating. The Toyo NanoEnergy tires most of us have as OEM tires are speed rated "S" to 112 mph/180 kph, I believe https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Toyo&tireModel=NanoEnergy+A29&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=965SR5NEA29&tab=Specs

That said, there are plenty of good reasons to avoid going over 85 in a Prime (or any car) :)

4. stevepea

stevepea Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Us Primers have started taking over SoCal!

Bakersfield: "Sun... Fun... Stay... Play!"