1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Here's why I'll keep my Prius Prime

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Marine Ray, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    There are metal hydrides, and I've seen small batter bank sized fuel cells that use them for sale. The issue for cars is the weight, though if that can be reduced, you have the potential for swappable fuel containers. One avenue used discs about the size of CDs. Easy swapped fuel containers would lessen the pressure to get actual hydrogen stations on every corner before people would buy.

2. m8547

m8547 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    This is starting to sound more like regular batteries... But it might still be worthwhile if the energy density is better.

3. Trollbait

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    All the drawbacks of batteries and hydrogen.:rolleyes:

Storing hydrogen on the car isn't the real issue. It's the infrastructure getting the hydrogen to the car.

4. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  5. Trollbait

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hydrogen fuel breakthrough in Queensland could fire up massive new export market - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
    It will help with shipping. Ammonia is poison the PEM fuel cells in most FCEV, so care needs to be done in making sure trace amounts of it are removed. Still need to pressurize the resulting hydrogen to get it into the car.