1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hey Everyone , needing help with my 2006

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Stephen Scheurich, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Stephen Scheurich

Stephen Scheurich New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Direct me to where I can get some advice on my 2006, engine light came on saying it's the throttle position sensor. Thanks
    Stephen

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The device that read the error code might not be compatible because throttle position sensor, which is rarely a problem comes up often on incompatible code readers. You need a reader that's specific to hybrids, like Dr. Prius app via one of these devices: Hybrid battery diagnostic and repair tool for Toyota and Lexus

3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Throttle positioner is pretty common error on this forum.

the throttle body is fly by wire and the butterfly motor is having trouble turning the throttle butterfly because it’s gunked up.

use the search forum link up top and search throttle body hundreds of posts about it how to clean and lube it.

Btw your in California be aware cat theft is a huge problem there with your car. Hundreds of posts about that too it’s a bitch because the cats are ungodly expensive and there all back ordered.
    Search. Stolen cat.

Search YouTube video “ Prius stolen”

4. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    As PriusCamper said the what is reported as a problem with the throttle position sensor is an incorrect report which is a pretty common error on this forum.

Get the codes read again with a Prius capable reader and post the actual code, like P1121 for example.