1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hey, it's time the New Englanders have a gathering!

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by bobc, Jun 30, 2005.

?
  1. Sat. July 30th

100.0%
  2. Sat. Aug. 6th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    This is the place

People, this is the parking lot of Jordan's Furniture in Natick, MA. It is situated high up on a hill.

Hope to see you all on Sat.

[​IMG]

2. gwnc59a

gwnc59a New Member

I guess we should park near all the other prius's. See you around 2:00.

3. Areometer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Absolutely. And we may want to park more outskirt so as to avoid their regular patrons.

BobC & I will try to be there early so that you folks can spot us easy.

4. FredtheOyster

FredtheOyster New Member

Hey, folks, is the 8/6/05 Prius meet in Framingham a go? The day is nearly here but things still seem to be in the early planning stage. Has a time and place for rendezvous been set?

5. Areometer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    please look at the post (on this same thread, just a page back) by bobc from last Thurs. The event is confirmed for this Sat (Aug 6th, '05) at the parking lot of the Jordan's Furniture in NATICK (not Framingham but awfully closeby).

Let's start at 2:00pm. There are details for directions, etc. in Bob's post. See you all on Sat!

Edward

6. LisaMurray

LisaMurray New Member

Just out of curiosity, how many people are we expecting?

7. Areometer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Worst Case Scenario: Bob, me & you before we get evicted by security.

Best Case Scenario: 60+ Prii, certified Prius tech speaker, the media, 'celebrities' like the 2 Jordan's Furniture dudes, etc.

There are close to 6,000 registered New England Prius Club members, even if 1% shows, that's 60 Prii. 1% is beyond humble already, right?

But in reality, only about 20 has emailed Bob to confirm as of a few days ago.

Tomorrow's forecast: Partly cloudy, hi = 82°, lo = 57°.

See you all.

Edward

8. disneydad

disneydad Junior Member

sorry i have to work today.... i would rather be their....Norm.

9. mrv

mrv Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    so, who won the raffle? or was the raffle ever drawn?

sorry I couldn't make Bugaboo Creek. it was a good thing that I didn't go - my husband forgot to put on the sunscreen I brought, so he got a nasty sunburn and is not feeling very well right now...

10. Areometer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I had so much fun!

Thank you again every one for coming this afternoon. I hope you enjoyed today's event as much as Bob & I did.

I saw many cool mods and met so many cool Prius peeps.

I apologize for not preparing those "My Name Is..." name tags. I only remembered less than half of your names.

I also apologize for making you sun-bathe for so many hours, some of you noticed that the spot near the IMAX theatre was shadowed all this time and I should have known better.

A big thank you to BobC the Organizer for making this possible! Have fun in Antarctica!

For those of you who couldn't make it, here's a lil' FYI. There were close to 30 Prius with 3 of them Insight (pleasant surprise). I would guess that we had close to 40 people? And 20 something made it to dinner too.

Please deactivate your Zone Alarm or other anti-ad programs to see the following images:

[​IMG]
    [Broken External Image]:http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/jdm/prius/Gathering/20050806_event02.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edward

11. Areometer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hello, we haven't done the raffle thing yet. Sorry. Bob has the name list now & let's see if he has time to get to it before he heads off to Antartica in less than 10 days!

Oh, I have something to ask Theo about his black Prius, what's his handle here please? Thanks.

Edward

12. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  13. gwnc59a

gwnc59a New Member

[font=Comic Sans MS:3025714af0]Great to see everybody yesterday. We had a wonderful time. I listened carefully and improved my mpg from 43 to 51.9 on the trip home from Framingham to Brockton.
    Edward, I would like to continue our conversation about microheat and rear window wipers. What is the best way to contact you to ask you these questions?

Jay[/font:3025714af0]

14. mrv

mrv Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced

15. LisaMurray

LisaMurray New Member

Just wanted to add my two cents. I had a great time yesterday; it was so much fun to meet all of you. As I mentioned to a couple of people, Prius owners in CT don't seem to be the friendliest of folks (no one ever waves back!), so I guess I'll just have to frequent MA more often!

Ed, thanks for bringing the bug guard and window visors. I installed them this morning with no problems. They look great!

16. Areometer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    To Jay: You can email me @ info [at] sigmaautomotive [dot] com

To Michelle (mrv): I noticed that Theo’s black Prius has this front protection film which has turned matte black, I wonder if that was intentional or not? And how did it happen if you don’t mind me asking. The black Prius with 17†rims is owned by Ethan. Every upgrade that you see (17†rims, carbon fiber dash kit, leather seats) is Toyota Dealer-installed Option. He got his Prius from one Florida Toyota dealership. Neat huh?

To Lisa: Glad that you liked the products. If you have a chance to take pics, that’ll be great. Thanks.

Edward

17. mrv

mrv Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I can never remember the name of the company, but it's an aftermarket installer that Gilles at Westboro Toyota uses. It is a clear plastic film that covers the front bumper and part-way up the front hood, the side mirrors, and the rear bumper. I can only assume that the matte look is from pitting from rocks. (Prius delivered Nov. 2003.) Normally about the only way I notice it is that to me it looks like a big horizontal scratch across the hood (which is really just the different refractive index of the edge of the film).

Neat? hardly. SE Toyota loves to load up their cars with options that you didn't ask for, to bring up their price, among other shady practices. My guess on the source of the car's mods was on track, then. The 17" wheels do look nice, but I haven't seen the MPG data for them yet (since they're not stock, it's not in the Toyota/EPA tests). I really have to shudder at the leather. How could someone do something so earth-unfriendly to an otherwise "green" car? yuck. But if you like the mods, and are willing to pay extra for it, that's your choice. (Not that SE Toyota really gives anyone the choice to NOT get the options...)

18. Areometer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The complete front protective film on Theo’s Prius looks *uniformly* matte. No way that individual rocks could cause that.

I have protective film too and a few projectiles even made it through the film. But the glossiness remains. So I wondered.

About Ethan’s car, the 17†rims & carbon fiber dash kit look really sweet for me. We don’t know how much he got charged, right? But I got your point. Any way, if I don’t find these neat, I would be the biggest hypocrite cos’ I sell 17†rims + similar dash kits for the Prius!

About leather seats, do you remember seeing the 2 big SCUBA tanks on my front passenger seat that people mistook as NO2 for the Prius?! :p I will not sit on my Prius microfibre upholstery with saltwater-soaked swimming trunks & gears. Leather seats on my 4Runner, on the other hand, repel such abuse beautifully well all these years. So, there is at least ONE use for having leather seats. Although they tend to get too scorching hot during summer days under direct sunlight. Will I leather up my Prius upholstery? I may if it is my only car. And that means one less SUV on the road cos' I may just sell my 4R. So does that start to make a lil' sense to leather up a green car in my case?

19. Areometer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    AltWheels Festival Sept 17 & 18, '05 @ Brookline, MA !

Guys & Gals, let's not forget about the upcoming AltWheels Festival which is to be held on Sept 17th & 18th, 2005 at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum in Brookline, MA !

I just posted a new thread for it @ our New England Local Forum: >> Read the AltWheels Festival thread here...

20. lcdJunky

lcdJunky New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: AltWheels Festival Sept 17 & 18, '05 @ Brookline, MA

Right in my backyard! Thanks for posting :)