1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hey, it's time the New Englanders have a gathering!

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by bobc, Jun 30, 2005.

?
  1. Sat. July 30th

100.0%
  2. Sat. Aug. 6th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Some of you wonder how to join the NE Local Club subforum of PriusChat, here's a lil' info:

The NE local group should have been setup before to allow anyone to join automatically without needing my intervention. You may want to read the post in the Local Clubs section showing how to join a specific group.

You should be able to join it by going here:

http://priuschat.com/forums/groupcp.php?g=3339

And clicking the Join Group button. This should automatically give you access to the NE Forum.

Hope that helps.

Edward

2. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So where are everyone *else's* pictures?
    _H*

3. bobc

bobc New Member

It's been a busy couple of days but I finally made it back online....

Wow, that was fun and WAY beyond my expectations! So great to have the Insight folks join us, too! From folks that have attended hybrid gatherings previously, many said that this was a good one!

I counted 35 folks and 25 cars: 4 of them were Insights and then there was the bio-diesel pickup! Yes, it was good to see the NorthEast Sustainable Energy Association there and to learn of the annual Tour de Sol festival/rally. It was cool that folks had magazines, flyers, decals and 'parking tickets' to hand out! They all were great!

Great to meet you all! Just sorry that I didn't have more time to spend talking to everyone.

Thanks Edward for finding the spot for us to meet! And thanks to Michele for all the great info! So sorry that Theo got a nasty burn... Hope he's doing a bit better. It's the itching that's the worst, I think...

Oh yeah, thanks goes out to Gilles for coming and speaking to us and donating prizes!!!

I have an email in to him to find out just what the prizes are and how many. From that , we'll do a lottery to pick the winners!

Cheers,
    -bob

4. tomdeimos

tomdeimos New Member

Some more pictures

5. tomdeimos

tomdeimos New Member

6. Areometer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Actually, it was Michelle who suggested Jordan's Furniture among other good places. I just contacted the Jordan's manager & head office to make it a reality. So the credits go to Michelle.

Information about the prizes:

TWO $75 gift certificates for services or parts, &
    FOUR synthetic lub oil changes

Right now, I have the name list since that Bob should really get packing soon, I will just print the list out, cut up the names and pick 'em out of a hat to decide who gets the gifts. If you folks have a better & fairer suggestion, please let me know. I won't get to this until early next week though.

Thanks.

P.S. If you don't fancy these prizes, please PM me, I will exclude you. I will also exclude me & BobC from this raffle for the sake of fairness. I will announce the winners here, email the winner info to Gilles, and have him mail you the vouchers/coupons. Gilles is the one who gives out the prizes.

Edward

7. Areometer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Guys & Gals, regarding those prizes Gilles Labelle had promised to give out to the few N.E. Prius Gathering winners as selected by me, I still haven't received any reply from Gilles. And this is after I have sent him 2-3 emails + spoke to him in person at the AltWheels Festival a few weekends back.

You know, I didn't want to publicize Gilles' email here but now that I think of it, he sells Prius for Westboro Toyota dealership any way, so how secretive can his email be, right?

So here you go:

[email protected]

Winners once again are:

$75 Gift Cert. for services or parts = Bill R. of Newton
    $75 Gift Cert. for services or parts = John E. of Lexington

Synthetic lub oil change = Eric E. of Shrewsbury
    Synthetic lub oil change = John A. of Nashua
    Synthetic lub oil change = Janice K. of Warwick
    Synthetic lub oil change = Jim D. of ??

Please post here or PM me to let me know how things turn out between Gilles & you.

Edward

8. hrpuffnstuff

hrpuffnstuff Rehumanize Yourself

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Wakey Wakey !!

I got my Package #6 2007 Prius on 12/2/2007 and I see alot of fellow Prius owners on my way from RI to Lexington, MA (not to mention the Peoples Republic of Cambridge) so come on folks, lets go!! Krikes the whole New England area can't be dead !!!

9. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    It seems to be really tough getting people together around here. I could really use a meet-up this time of year though. Don't know about anyone else.

10. leftie1277

leftie1277 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    summer get-together????

I'm in!

---Matt

11. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    We did meet the beginning of April. I would like to get something together for the weekend of the May 10th-11th, maybe closer to central MA so as to get more people from western MA VT and CT to attend. Only problem is it's Mother's day that Sunday. Maybe the following weekend. Can anyone suggest an appropriate place? I'm not too familiar with that area.

12. McDonald

McDonald New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    We having another one of these, please?

13. icecoldmittens

icecoldmittens New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I would love to do one of these. It would be so fun. Lets do one this summer! I am so mad i missed the first one :-(

14. traugu

traugu Rebel Tree Hugger

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'd love to attend one also! I just picked mine up yesterday and would love to learn more about the car from others. : )

15. CuseFan

CuseFan New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Hey soarboy.....how is your Prius in the snow? I am on a waiting list for a Prius and I am starting to second guess my decision b/c of harsh Central NY winters....what has your experience been?

16. chinalfr2

chinalfr2 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Either date works for me. It's just a short hop for me to get to Framingham.

17. Ct. Ken V

Ct. Ken V Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hey, chinalfr2,

Just what date are you talking about in your just-entered June 26, 2008 post? The most recent dates mentioned on this page were May 10th & 11th (& they have gone by). If you got linked to this thread from another thread (like I did) & didn't notice that the July & August dates that were being mentioned on the 1st page were posted way back in 2005, then you probably got real excited for a while (like I did, especially with the thought of eating at Tennessee BBQ). I realized something didn't jive when I knew that August 6th of this year falls on a Wed & not a weekend like they were talk'g about. I was away on vacation August 6th of 2005, so I couldn't attend that year & was really disappointed at missing out.

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

18. cobraz

cobraz Prius Pirate

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Any news on a new meeting...

19. paul2102

paul2102 Junior Member

How about a sunday in mid september, Hopkinton State Park?

20. panda

panda Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    So, who organizes this? Are we gonna have another? I live in Danvers, MA, and I *love* my Prius.

I would like to find out;

best tires to get

best bike rack to get (tow hitch?)

how do you like your Prius?

Pat