1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hey Siri unpausing Apple Music

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by dbv8787, Oct 5, 2015.

1. dbv8787

dbv8787 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I just started using Hey Siri on my iPhone 6s connected via bluetooth to my Prius C and what I see happening is I'll ask Siri something, "Hey Siri, how's the weather", and after it answers, Apple Music starts playing. This is causing my family to be pissed off at me because they think I'm playing music after they told me not to. Is anyone else noticing this?

2. PerryD

PerryD Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I've seen something similar where changing the volume on thencar's head unit while connected to the iPad via bluetooth will start music via whichever app I was last using. FWIW this also happened on a Pioneer head unit in my Jag, with iOS 8 and iOS9. I think it's an Apple problem.

Perry

3. djdawn

djdawn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    This is the behavior I've experienced with a 4S and 5S on the original headunit in my C2, and with the 5s and 6 on a corolla headunit installed afterwards. I believe it's an apple thing as well.

4. dbv8787

dbv8787 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    However, without bluetooth enabled, it remains paused after I use Siri, which indicates that Toyota is at fault. Can someone with an iPhone try this out?

5. SwhitePC

SwhitePC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    you do know most toyota head units are probably made by pioneer? so pioneer is at fault =P

anyways, joke aside, there's probably no perfect head units out there that'll do what their owner wants...and you're really asking a lot when you want something apple/android/windows to work according to your wants/needs with something that isn't even any of that

6. dbv8787

dbv8787 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I don't want it to do anything other than maintain the current status. If the music is paused it shouldn't unpause it. That's really not asking much at all.

7. djdawn

djdawn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I went ahead and gave this a try. Without a Bluetooth anything, or aux cable attached, music remains paused after Siri is cancelled on my ip6 with ios8.4.
    However, while connected to a Bluetooth shower speaker. I played a random song on the apple music app and put it on pause, pressed and held the home button to bring up siri and shortly after cancelled siri by pressing the home button once. After Siri cancelled, the previously paused song began playing again through the Bluetooth shower speaker.

That rules out Toyota/headunits being at fault, they're just playing what they're instructed to play. I say it's an Apple + Bluetooth "feature". If it's an option, I'm sure there's a jailbreak mod to fix the issue.