1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hey, where's the glove compartment lock?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Scott_R, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pagoda113 @ Sep 4 2006, 05:24 PM) [snapback]314155[/snapback]</div>
    But if I just drove into New York City and use a parking garage, I'd like to just be able to stick the EZ Pass and radar detector into a locked compartment. They aren't things I can just shove into my pocket. I presume that no one's going to try to break into the glove compartment in the garage (not impossible, but extremely unlikely), but something just sitting around might be a temptation.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I see your point and can understand how that might give you a little bit more of a sense of security (false though it would be).

In the case of the Prius though, I'd just put that stuff in the "hidden" drawer at the bottom front of the center console, hardly anyone, outside of a Prius owner (and some of them still don't know about it) know about that drawer.

3. magnumrtawd

magnumrtawd Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    UNFORTUNATELY the Toyota gurus decided to eliminate that box in gen3"s

4. scotrinaf

scotrinaf Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II

I keep at least one in mine at all times... Fortunately, most people think that Prius drivers are liberal Dems that wouldn't own a gun... LOL I want to put a bumper sticker on mine that say something like, "Keep honking, I'm reloading"... :)

5. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Last week local couple were in the midst of moving and left the 2 year old in the car while loading the car up. Kid found the gun in the unlocked glove compartment and shot and killed himself. Couple not charged as the Police Chief says the father took reasonable steps in stowing it in the unlocked glove compartment.

2-year-old dies after shooting himself with dad's gun

#25 edthefox5, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  6. rifis

rifis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I

Akin to the Judgement of Solomon.