1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hi all, many thanks!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by WilMent, Feb 26, 2013.

1. WilMent

WilMent diacritic

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Hi all,

I've been follow this forum for quite some time now, since before I bought my Prius a month ago. I would like to thank everyone for buying advices, and car mod recommendations. So far, I have installed Katzkin, 17" Motegi SP hyperblack w/ Michelin MXM4, and tinted windows on my 2013 Prius 2 Winter Gray. Currently on the fence about lowering springs. This site brings back my good old teenage Civic modding days :D Thanks again for the many good sound advices.

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats--enjoy.

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard! Post some pics, would like to see the rims.

4. WilMent

WilMent diacritic

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Here are some pics, they are the Motegi SP10s, I believe someone else posted the black ones before. The gap is quite wide and is giving it a 4X4 look, I think I can lower it and still clear the parking block:) . I really wanted the MOMO Drone but I worried they would stick out too much. Seats are Katzkin black with barracuda red body. The lighting here sux, cloudy 24/7, is like taking pictures with fluorescent lights on indoors:( . P1020185.JPG P1020186.JPG P1020187.JPG P1020189.JPG

spiderman likes this.
  5. WilMent

WilMent diacritic

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Our Prii Couple, My wife's BP Prius 3
    IMG_0413.JPG

6. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You're doing it right so far. :)

Lowering definitely completes the look but it does have some drawbacks. Your only other option is to just live with it and when the tires wear out, replace them with a 205/50/17. You'll still have gap but it looks more fitted.

7. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Check out the difference in gap.

OE 215/45/17 on a stock height Prius
    image.jpg

Ecopia EP422 205/50/17 with TRD springs. Try to look beyond the shadow on the edge of the tread.
    image.jpg

Pictures were taken of the passenger side rear wheel well on both cars.

Attached Files:

WilMent likes this.
  8. WilMent

WilMent diacritic

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I think some of those drawbacks I actually like, I never owned a vehicle with a comfy ride. I would trade added handling over comfort any day and of course the stance:D . Now the added wear and tear on the rest of the suspension is what I'm having a serious look at before I commit. I might take the plunge and go with a full coilover system along with other minor parts.

9. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If you have the cash then the coil overs are the way to go. In the long run you spend about the same anyway considering you'll likely have to replace the OE struts sooner because of lowering.

Otherwise, I really like the look of the H&R combo because of the mild rake vs. the TRDs and Eibachs which are more level. If you want to keep prices down I'd say buy a set of springs and use the money saved to buy some cute wheels for your wife's BP. ;)

10. WilMent

WilMent diacritic

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Agreed, I've been thinking about sneaking a set of wheels on hers, but really I am paying for a future investment on mine when the lease is up;) She might want to keep it, but I'm sure Toyota will come up with enough improvements on the 2015 to help me win my case. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge, really helped me out alot.

F8L likes this.