1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hi there, new Prius owner here...

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by lee4hmz, Oct 5, 2009.

1. lee4hmz

lee4hmz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just bought myself a new 2010 Prius II in Blizzard Pearl, and I'm really liking it so far. This is not only my first Prius or my first Toyota, but my first new car ever -- I've driven more than my share of beaters, hand-me-downs and iffy used cars from shady dealers. In particular, I don't think I'll ever drive another non-truck Ford again. :p

I've been eyeing a Prius for a while. Before this, I was driving a somewhat beat-up 1994 Chevy S-10 Blazer that my brother got for me in August of 2008. It was free, so I wasn't complaining then, but by this summer I was kind of sick of the fact that it only got 17 MPG combined -- not exactly fun even with gas a relatively cheap $2.50/gal. I wanted to do a cash-for-clunkers deal, but the program turned into a pumpkin long before I could make room in the budget for a car payment.

And then the problems started. Oil leaks, coolant leaks, all sorts of trouble that wasn't easy or cheap to fix (or practical, considering the truck's age and the fact that I wanted another car anyway). It also had mushy brakes, which ended up costing me the thing's rear window glass after an unfortunate mishap in a parking lot.

This was kind of a pain. Even with reliable bus service, getting around in the DC suburbs without a car is a slow process.

Finally, my boss gave me a raise last week. I did the math and figured I could afford the $450/month payments for the Prius, so I drove the Blazer over to Springfield Toyota and told them "give me whatever you can for it, it's toast."

I left later that day with the Prius and a smile. :) The financing guy also threw in the platinum extended warranty and (oddly enough) a Lojack. I hope I won't have to use either. ;)

2. Holmesman

Holmesman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Welcome to the forum. I too recently bought the Blizzard Pearl, a 2010 Prius IV with nav. Don't you just love that color?

Welcome to the forum. You'll find lot's of friendly people who can answer just about any question you have.

Enjoy the car!

3. Benggolf

Benggolf Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome and congratulations on your your new Prius!
    Took delivery of a 2010 Prius in Blizzard Pearl with Technology package (Canadian version) last month and enjoying it. We have 4 cars in our garage, but I find myself behind the wheel of the Prius most of the time... 4 times out of 5! :D

Enjoy your new car!

4. vela

vela New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congrats on your first new car, and how cool that it is a Prius. We have had our Silver III for a couple of weeks and can't stop driving it because it is so much fun. Enjoy!

5. Grateful11

Grateful11 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Congrats on you first new car and Prius. Blizzard Pearl here too, series III, wife had to
    have the upgraded JBL sound system. They had a II and that the stereo and naturally
    the price was the only difference I noticed,

6. PriusGirlyGirl

PriusGirlyGirl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Did Springfield give you a good financing rate? I have great credit but Koons Toyota said 6%! That is ridiculous. I just laughed at the asst. manager - what a prick! Don't ever go there. Did they offer you discounts off the price?? I find it really hard to negotiate right now.