1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hi!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by CivicHybrid, Dec 23, 2006.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CivicHybrid @ Dec 27 2006, 04:20 PM) [snapback]367434[/snapback]</div>
    Speaking for myself, that's an understatement. The English language does not contain words obscene enough to express my feelings about American car companies. My first car was American made. I won't make that mistake again.

2. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I totalled my old car in April, 2006, so I needed a car quickly. I couldn't even find a Hybrid Civic to test drive, and I had a choice of 3 Prius in different colors and packages that were acceptable to me, and drove one home 8 days after losing my old car.

My old car was a Cavalier convertible, so I initially thought I'd want another car that size. But after test-driving a Prius, the feel of it being a much larger car inside was nice. I also test-drove a Camry but wasn't crazy about it - I'd fallen in love with the Prius.

3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CivicHybrid @ Dec 23 2006, 11:08 PM) [snapback]366165[/snapback]</div>
    Roomier (especially for those of us 6'-5" and over) and when we can afford the mod, it's already set up to run pure electric.

Anywho CivicHybrid, welcome to priuschat ! !

4. FastAndTheThrifty

FastAndTheThrifty New Member

Hello Civic Hybrid, I am new as well!

I got the prius because I like to be speedy as well as saving the environment. Prius is faster 0-7 than any other car on the road and get's 60mpg (I have yet to get over 44 though B) ).

5. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CivicHybrid @ Dec 23 2006, 10:08 PM) [snapback]366165[/snapback]</div>
    I bought the Prius because the headrest on the HCH was far too agressive and shoved my head forward. My neck hurt after just a 5 min. test drive. I was constantly trying to push the headrest back. I prefer a more upright seating position rather than sloping back, which is probably why I had more problems with it.

Also, the Honda did not have fold-down rear seats. I used to have a 1990 Honda Civic (3-dr.) and loved the versatility of the hatchback. I got 33/40 mpg in that thing! I loved it. My Prius is the same color. I suppose that's not by accident.

6. daveleeprius

daveleeprius Heh heh heh you think so?

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    We (wife and I) bought the Prius as she wanted a Toyota. We were actually looking at a Camry when we saw this beautiful 2007 Barcelona Red Prius sitting pretty in the sunshine there on the lot. She was getting a lot of attention from passers-by, including us. As soon as I got inside and sat in the drivers seat, I thought, wow, lots of room in here! I didn't feel clausterphobic at all.

I had a 1988 Civic sedan DX with no fold down rear seats, and it was a bummer when I wanted to carry a long item - I couldn't do it! Then we got a 1991 Corolla LE after we were married and it had the fold down seats and we used the feature enough that I decided it was a must.

I bought a 1991 Civic Wagon after my 1988 Civic sedan DX was rear ended. I loved that 91 Civic wagon!! Loved the back door, cargo space, etc.

The Prius, as someone else said already, combines the utility of the wagon and the comfort of a sedan. I find it handles well and is soo quiet.

That being said, I think Honda cars are more "driver cars" than Toyota, and I heard the HCH drives real nice. Of course, so does our 2007 Prius :)

Dave

7. MacDude

MacDude Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Over all Coolness and Interior space. I'm tall and couldn't fit into the Civic. The back seat isn't big enough for teenagers.

I do have a friend that has one and she likes it a lot.

Oh, welcome.