1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HID bulb replacement (90981-20007)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by WToyotaM, Sep 4, 2018.

1. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I just replaced the HID headlight assemblies on my 2006. Moving the ballast from old to new was a nightmare until I actually looked at the instructions with the new assemblies. If you unscrew the vertical adjustment motor, then the wire to the bulb comes out without cutting the wire or taking the bulb socket apart. It's like 20 or 30 turns to disengage the motor. And of course you have to aim the headlights after the install.

2. rodri9o

rodri9o Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just replaced the passenger side yesterday. I just removed the windshield washer reservoir and had enough space to stick my head in there with a flashlight to see what was going on. Now that I know how it was done on one side, I'll do the same on the other when the bulb arrives.

On a side note: I used a little di-electric grease to lube the o-ring on the large round plug cover to help press it and rotate it to lock in. made it SOOO easy.

Now, the driver side is scary: less space and the previous owner broke a cover tab...that's going to be interesting.