1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HID Head Lights Problem, Please Help!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by kdr008, May 27, 2005.

1. rlcarr

rlcarr New Member

We are seeing the same problem with our 2004 (13K miles), though it happened without anything heavy being placed in the back.

Also, the lights stay fixed in their way-too-low position (as opposed to occasionally moving as some have said).

We just noticed this last week and so haven't had the chance to get to the dealer (been getting by on "high" beams). When we bring it in, I'll keep the forum updated on what happens.

2. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I posted in another thread about Auto-leveling probs. I had one with the Auto Leveling light on and by checking the height sensor I found out it was not changing the meter reading as I moved the arm thru its arc. This maybe something for the techs to physically check. Also with the amount of times you have been to different dealers, hopefully someone has called Toyota Technical for help and started a case number on it. We are supposed to do that if a problem comes back a second time. Toyota does like to help us, but I guess some dealers don't care, :cry:

3. matrixmarc

matrixmarc New Member

This is an update regarding the headlight leveling system problem I have with my 2005 Prius.

After replacing the computer and finding the system was still not functioning properly. My dealership contacted Toyota, who has noted a problem, in the rear sensors. Some are faulty and may allow water to get inside, which can cause parts to rust and make them inoperable. While there is not a bulletin about this yet, they know about the problem.

So they are going to replace the sensor. If this does not work, I will have to think about the next move.
    This will be the fourth time trying to correct this problem on a six month old car.

I like the car a lot, but did not anticipate the difficulty they may have in diagnosing certain problems....

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Something like this could occur in any car. As a matter of fact, some have indicated horror stories of repeated problems with some cars of other manufacturers.

5. rlcarr

rlcarr New Member

kdr008 and priusham -- have you had any luck getting it fixed yet?

6. rlcarr

rlcarr New Member