1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HID Headlights

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by bens1088, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Redcap32

Redcap32 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Can you guys post pictures of where you mounted your ballasts. Im still looking into an HID kit, but running Silverstar Ultras for now.

2. bens1088

bens1088 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I got lazy and zip tied it both to any thing that felt sturdy lol. On the left side- I think the big bunch of wires (with the insulators) directly behind the headlight. On the right side there's a hole or two on the right side of the block of the electric motor. I don't recommend doing it long term though. I need to find a good place to tuck the ballasts.

3. crebble

crebble Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I checked my Xenonsupply HID install today. Both 3M pads have failed and I found the ballasts laying in the fender. My guess is that the heat of the sun beating down on the fender melted the adhesive. They were installed correctly. One pad peeled off from the ballast itself and the other let go of the fender. I zip tied the ballasts for now.

4. col127

col127 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I know this is many months later - I live near 2 hrs from Chicago, but I have a c3 and would love a backup camera :)

5. crebble

crebble Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice sale from XenonSupply. 27% off! My system has been flawless since March (other than the 3M pads).

Attached Files:

• 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      140.1 KB
      Views:
  6. JLee81

JLee81 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for the heads up on the sale. I just ordered my kit today. After the discount it was $109 with the relay harness.

SGH-T989 ? 2

7. col127

col127 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Wher
    Where did you tie the ballasts? Any pics. Just ordered a xenon set :)

8. Ryephile

Ryephile The Technophile

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I have my XenonSupply Prius kit still kicking strong. I both taped and zip-tied to the frame/radiator support steel rail behind each headlight, and they're still holding strong. I thought I'd have to re-engineer their mounting and make actual brackets, but so far they're staying secure better than I expected.