1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HID Kit From Xenon Supply Finally Arrived

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Prius_Cub, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Prius_Cub

Prius_Cub Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Got the 6000k Crystal White in the High/Low Bi-Xenons but alas the wiring harness/relay wasn't included...:cry: Called Xenon Supply's tech support line and they're sending it out via USPS Priority and should arrive within 2-3 days (free of course). Can't wait to get these installed. Had the passenger side headlight housing out already before I started looking for the wiring harness. 0410131807a.jpg

Daves09prius likes this.
  2. Daves09prius

Daves09prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    One
  3. Daves09prius

Daves09prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Are these truly plug and play? or do you have to run a wire to the battery (Positive jumper terminal) in the engine compartment to make the high/low beams work?

4. Prius_Cub

Prius_Cub Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yeah, for the gen IIs you need the accessory relay harness to supply power to the bulbs from the positive terminal so that both Hi and Low beam functions work, other than that, everything else is plug & play. Will definitely take more pics once I get the harness :)

5. Prius_Cub

Prius_Cub Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Got the accessory harness today :) Installed both new HID bulbs and verified functionality. I'd say it took me less than 2 hours but I'm still toying with the wires and hiding everything. Now for it to get dark so I can see how well these do compared to stock halogens.

Accessory Harness Positive terminal connection:
    0413131128.jpg

Wiring harness connectors, ground connection to upper right chassis, Driver side H4 connector is used just to relay the signal for on/off/high beam control the "control module" while the power is supplied from the positive terminal under the fuse box. The passenger side H4 connection is unused as the accessory relay wiring "control module" determines whether or not the bulbs should be on/off or in high beam mode. The directions indicate that the accessory relay is to be wired up on the passenger side but that's because most vehicles have the battery on that side in the engine bay, but no big deal with the case of the Prius, just use the positive jump terminal. ;) 0413131128a.jpg

The whole process itself wasn't terribly difficult, I believe I had more of a time working on getting the bumper off enough so I could remove the headlamp assemblies.

6. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You will find it a much neater job if you thread the feed wire with the eye on the end up from the bottom of the fuse box following the rout of the the wire from the battery.

There is enough room to simply push the wire with the eye on the end up by the side of this cable that goes up to the jump point, it also has the advantage that you do not need to cut the box to make an entry point.

John (Britprius)

Daves09prius likes this.
  7. Prius_Cub

Prius_Cub Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks :) The wire cleanup is a work in progress, I just wanted to make sure everything worked and it does :)

8. Mistah Ya

Mistah Ya Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Finish yet? Picture please cos I want to upgrade mine as well!:)

9. Bronze84

Bronze84 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Any pics yet Prius cub? I want to compare to mine :)

Daves09prius likes this.