1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hid kit owners advise please for 2010 prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by H00s13r, Sep 6, 2017.

1. H00s13r

H00s13r Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hey guys;
    I changed out yet another bulb that went out yesterday driving home that I bought less than 6 months ago. I found out too late about the tsb and obviously well past the 36k, so I have been just dealing with changing out bulbs. I also did the H9 bulbs for a little while, but wasn't much difference. Anyways, So now I am thinking about adding an HID kit and was looking at this one from TRS:

HID SYSTEMS H11: MORIMOTO ELITE

Those of you that put an HID kit in your car, I would like to ask you some questions:

1) Is this the best one to go with for the money? I saw another kit from xenonsupply that seems a little cheaper. What is the best kit to use?

2) How does one find out the legality of these for their home state? I live in Indiana (NWI to be more specific) and I also drive to and from Chicago (for work). I tried googling for info, but didn't find out much. I only ask because I have seen info online stating that some states say they are only legal if they were oem on the car-something having to do with the headlight assemblies not being designed for HID causing distractions to other drivers.

3) Any issues with them not working in the cold? According to the guy at TRS, I shouldn't have a problem as they supposedly froze them in ice for a month.

4) Pros/cons of doing this?

5) Am I missing anything?

Thanks for your help,
    H00si3r

2. StarCaller

StarCaller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    trs is recommended.
    if you ever get pulled over just mention that it is a hybrid car; for normal all odd things will then be accepted..... ;)

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've seen others use Morimoto capsules. You can google the name and read reviews from other forums as plenty of forum users add HIDs to their vehicles.

Cold start wasn't a problem with mine. Started and ran as cold as -42

4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If you order from TRS make sure you get the H11b bulbs or you'll have ground wire shadows.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.