1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hide phone charger cable behind dash?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by glutaman, Nov 4, 2016.

1. glutaman

glutaman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've got a UK T-Spirit (stock photo of dash layout), and my phone holder is on the very far right of the dash. Phone is extending into the gap of the little window and stays as far out of my view as possible. I run the charger cable freestyle over the steering wheel - basically on top of the dash, and I find this 1. dangerous and 2. ugly :)

In my previous car, a Honda Fit, the audio guy who installed my stereo, also put the cable behind the panels with one end coming out near the lighter socket, and the other near where I placed my phone holder.

Thinking to do the same in the Prius myself - run it behind the panels and have it coming out somewhere at the far right. Anyone attempted something like this? I've never done something similar before, so any ideas and/or guidance will be appreciated!

#1 glutaman, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  2. glutaman

glutaman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I tried a vent mount on the middle vents where the cable is basically seamless but I find the angle of the phone horrible.

Are there any guides for removing the dash panels?