1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

High Beams not working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Israel Gonzalez, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Israel Gonzalez

Israel Gonzalez New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello, I'm a new owner of an 05 Toyota Prius. Im loving the car so far, however, i am having an issue with my high beams not working. After doing lots of research it looks like the high beams on the Prius comes from the same bulb, what controls the high beams is the reflector.

My low beams and all other lights are working fine. After removing my bumper and looking through all the wiring I have noticed that their are two plugs that are not attached to anything. The lights look brand new, so my thoughts are that this car had HID lights and they were then replaced to non-HID lights.

Can anyone help me get the high beams working. I don't see any HID ballast anywhere, so converting it back to HID would be costly since i would need new headlight plus ballast and bulbs.

I tried looking for wiring diagrams but can seem to find any.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the link to some images: Prius Photos by Izzy25323 | Photobucket

Thanks

2. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome to Priuschat. There is a wiring diagram in the file section at the bottom of the gen2 forums list. For simplicity you should have three wires at each headlamp:-

Colours for HID wiring
    White/black = ground -
    Light Blue = dip beam Right hand
    Violet = high beam Right hand

White/black = Ground
    Dark Blue = dip beam Left hand
    Pink = High beam Left hand

John (Britprius)

3. Israel Gonzalez

Israel Gonzalez New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the info, I'll need to do some better searching next time.

I was able to get my bumper off today and fixed all the wiring. Now my low and high beams are working perfect.

Thanks!