1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

High gas prices = people keep asking to borrow my car

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Sp33dy_gr33n, May 21, 2008.

1. Genoz World

Genoz World ZEN-style living

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    QLARA, i went to toyota hollywood today and they said that they have a waiting line of 2-8 weeks for a prius. upon hearing that, i could even think of loaning out my prius! i could not agree with you more.

we all have little mini goldmines here people...................wow.

2. cyberprius

cyberprius Mtn Bikes don't need foglights

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My husband drove mine to Eugene, Ore. when I had some 400 miles on it. He promptly smashed it into some Latina's Honda. He has only driven it to the body shop since....I still swear he just did it to get her phone number:eek:

No one has asked to borrow it, but I have gotten a fair number of people who want to try it out.

I was out in the field a few weeks ago and was spending lunch with a group of loggers and they all wanted a chance to "play with the little rig."

I think they were impressed with the roomy insides....and yes...they were grubby, but so was I and I have seat covers and floor mats...

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    nobody drives my car but me (well, and DH sometimes). and my chauffeur service is $100/hour.

4. Eve

Eve Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    borrow my car..hahahah:rofl:

5. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I'm just glad the Prius has a solid anti-theft system. I worry more about the one's who don't ask.

6. Sp33dy_gr33n

Sp33dy_gr33n New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Good point. My Prius is always locked and I don't keep any valuables lying around in plain view.

7. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Borrow my lil Rachel? NOPE! You can ride in it but you will have to listen to my bragging about the car!

8. jdchappie

jdchappie JD on RR2

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    My co-worker wanted to take mine to Pennsylvania last summer. I said fine if I could use her T-Bird to deliver the mail route. Oh no, no deal. I could be nice to a T-Bird. Darn. Jerry

9. Linden

Linden New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I did a road trip out West last weekend - and everyone wanted to ride with me. Avg 44 MPG through the mountains - pretty good in my opinon! Especially since I still did some speeding .. and even got up to 150 KM/H .. oops! (didn't mean to .. just happened while passing) I put 3000 KM on my car .. it only had 2000 KM on the car prior to the trip. I was really impressed with how the car did on the road trip.

10. abq sfr

abq sfr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Nobody yet has asked, but I probably wouldn't let them. My parents are always gripeing about the 18 mpg their 2007 Avalon gets, they can't wait until the lease runs out. When it blew an oil line and shot oil all over the car and their garage, they rented a Prius at the dealer while it was in the shop. My 85 yo Mother hated it because of the push-to-start and the shifter. But then she hates Obama because his ears stick out. Go figure.

11. Turbogizzmo

Turbogizzmo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    OK I guess i should admit, my gf couldnt drive the Supra (stick shift) or the lifted truck (stick shift) soooooo trading in the supra for the Prius = never needing a DD (since she doesnt drink) when we go out since she can drive me home. :)

12. lil_red_Prius

lil_red_Prius Rollin' with my toy...

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    who ever lends cars for the weekend to coworkers???

13. rsforkner

rsforkner Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    In 2004 a friend took me for a ride in his Prius. He let me drive it around the neighborhood with him right beside me. We drove 3-4 miles. That did it! I was hooked! Finally got my own a couple of months ago.

That kind of little test drive is as close as anyone else will ever get to driving my car. Period!

Borrow it for the weekend, a day? Not even my 07 Camry, which is gone now.

Bob

14. blamy

blamy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    They can borrow it if they are willing to sign their house over to me while the Prius is in their hands! I'll be happy to sign the house back to them upon an inspection of the Prius after it is returned:D.