1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

High pitched sound when releasing the brake

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Bob64, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Out of curiosity, does anyone notice a faint, yet high-pitched sound - almost like a beep - when releasing the brakes?

It's not the buzzing of the brake accumulator pump.

Here's how I duplicate it:

Park somewhere, put parking brake on, put car in neutral, press firmly on brake pedal. Now, when I release the pedal, I hear a high pitched sound that lasts no more then a second.

I took it in to the dealer to look at and the mechanic said it was pressure releasing or something like that...

Just making sure I'm not the only one that hears it...

2. DGH

DGH Thread Terminator

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No, I don't think it's related to the accumulator pump unless that tsb is referring to a separate noise. Since I also hear the normal buzzing of the accumulator pump after a few brake presses.

I haven't been able to get any sort of sound recording from anyone that is more familiar with the issue. I wouldn't describe the sound a seal barking though.

I'd say this high pitched sound is much more frequent (happens like every release of the brake recently) then the brake accumulator pump going on.