1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Highland Universal Fit Car Roof Rack

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by ja4fun, Feb 28, 2014.

1. ja4fun

ja4fun Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
  2. pfjmarina

pfjmarina Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Don't have any experience with these, but at less than $30 dollars for the complete system I'd be amazed if they're any good. They might be OK to carry a ladder or something across town, but no way would I trust them at highway speeds. At least one of the reviews described a failure at < 25 mph causing substantial damage to his vehicle. I'm thinking of roof racks for my 2013 v, but will ultimately opt for the way more expensive Thule or Yakima system, since I'll be using them with a car top carrier for camping gear. Good luck!

3. ja4fun

ja4fun Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I read some reviews on amazon which werent too bad even a prius owner who said was good. For the price I can try and return or keep them and use just once in a while. I'd like to read the review you read of damage to the vehicle.

4. pfjmarina

pfjmarina Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It was one of the reviews in the link from your original post. He said that one strap broke causing his kayak to start to come loose which caused 2 more of the straps to break. Said he was going under 25 mph when it happened. The price is certainly appealing. If you get them let us know your impressions.

5. ja4fun

ja4fun Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I ordered then cancelled the order. Think I will get a trailer hitch and cargo carrier instead of a roof rack.

6. Out and About Green

Out and About Green New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Go to our Out and About Green website - We represent the one manufacturer who provides racks for all Prius Vehicles.
    Free shipping throughout the US - if you call us we have special discounts. I did my own installation (I'm the mom in the black dress here) Very simple, took less than an hour. I added a basket as well and they are performing beautifully.