1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hillary Clinton vs Barack Obama

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by malorn, Feb 21, 2007.

1. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Molon Labe.

Before anymore of you make a mockery of our Constitution, I suggest you read a neutral source of information regarding the intentions and meanings of the 2nd Amendment. Forget the NRA, they're nutty. Forget some libtards spew.

ps - The thing with the Assault Rifle ban that was lifted (Thanks Bush), was that it was IMPOSSIBLE to purchase an AR, even with thorough background checks and such.

Now that it was lifted, as it was deemed UNCONSTITUTIONAL. .. You can purchase these "ARs" again, but not before passing a hefty BG check.

Amendment II
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

___THE RIGHT OF THE ___PEOPLE___ TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS___

The Second Amendment:

A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.
    The original intent and purpose of the Second Amendment was to preserve and guarantee, not grant, the pre-existing right of individuals to keep and bear arms. Although the amendment emphasizes the need for a militia, membership in any militia, let alone a well-regulated one, was not intended to serve as a prerequisite for exercising the right to keep arms.

"The Second Amendment preserves and guarantees an individual right for a collective purpose. That does not transform the right into a "collective right." The militia clause was a declaration of purpose, and preserving the people's right to keep and bear arms was the method the framers chose to, in-part, ensure the continuation of a well-regulated militia. "

U.S. District Court judge (appointed by James Madison in 1813), wrote of the Second Amendment:

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, and this without any qualification as to their condition or degree, as is the case in the British government"

Molon Labe.

2. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    This political cartoon says it all for me...

Attached Files:

3. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Feb 22 2007, 11:01 AM) [snapback]394563[/snapback]</div>
    Where is Bill's squeeze. I can't wait to see how many women he has been ______ over the last 6years. Maybe he has been saving himself for the once a month meeting between himself and Hillary! :lol: :lol: :lol: Should be interesting!

4. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm sorry... I thought this thread had ALREADY devolved into a name calling piece of crap.
    Or maybe that was just your posts..
    Witch, Warlock, B. Hussein Obama.

And no, I'm not an anti semite. I'm thrilled with Al Franken running.
    Leiberman is so pro-Isreali it defies logic. He beats more war drums than Bush (hyperbole). He's definately not a Democrat with his polical views. He would have already turned Republicans, except his independant minded state would crucify him for it.

And Rudy is not exactly the "moral majority" that the hard liner Republicans would vote for. He has some definate skeletons in his closet. Just talk to his multple ex-wives. He announced he was divorcing one of them at a news conference, which was news to her!

As for 9-11, he did not do anything that any other person in the position would not have done.
    He just gets the benefit of emotional attachment to the incident.

BTW, I'm no fan of the Clintons either.
    So go ahead and rip her all you want.
    I don't know enough about Obama yet....

5. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Feb 21 2007, 05:25 PM) [snapback]394188[/snapback]</div>
    Well, they were stupid enough to vote for bush twice...

6. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Feb 22 2007, 12:01 PM) [snapback]394566[/snapback]</div>
    My response to you belongs in another thread on gun control. Not this one. However, if I had the power, I would "come and get them."

7. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Feb 22 2007, 11:19 AM) [snapback]394586[/snapback]</div>
    I guess you are reinforcing the reason we need them. ;)

8. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Feb 22 2007, 01:19 PM) [snapback]394586[/snapback]</div>
    Why don't you love your country?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(malorn @ Feb 22 2007, 01:25 PM) [snapback]394591[/snapback]</div>
    Ding ding ding ding ding... :lol:

9. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Oh boy Livelychick has called malorn & desynch to the carpet in FHOP's menu!!! :eek:

10. livelychick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Feb 22 2007, 12:50 PM) [snapback]394606[/snapback]</div>
    I didn't want to derail this thread. It's a good thread. I hate that the catfighting among the candidates has already started, and think it's worth the discussion.

11. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(malorn @ Feb 22 2007, 11:05 AM) [snapback]394570[/snapback]</div>
    If this is the case, do you think he got freezer burn on his... :eek:

12. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Feb 22 2007, 12:03 PM) [snapback]394617[/snapback]</div>
    I have a feeling Bill has never suffered from "Blue Balls"! :lol: (hope i am not offending anyone)

[​IMG]

13. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darwood @ Feb 22 2007, 12:11 PM) [snapback]394578[/snapback]</div>

Your 9/11 comment - i guess ray nagron was rudy like :lol: you make generalizations that are most outlandish.

big difference b/n calling hilary a witch when most people refer to her using a different first letter than W. your comments smacked of anti-Semitism and "anti-Italianism"

how could someone defy logic by being pro - democracy (Israel)- why might defy logic is being pro terror(arab) - perhaps your views.

war drums - let me see - you are the guy who wants us to blame America for 9/11 if i recall correctly - or perhaps you are the person who thinks afghanistan was correct and attacking iraq was wrong because they only supported anti-israel/Jewish terror.

vote for al franken - i hope he has more success there than his airamerica fiasco - did they ever repay that money back to the boys club or whatever organization they took it from. and he stand to be funnier now than he has been in the past two decades. cant wait to see the humor flying during the primaries....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(malorn @ Feb 22 2007, 01:10 PM) [snapback]394620[/snapback]</div>
    In an effort not to reconstruct history, I believe he was standing up :lol:
    And where did the cigar go :lol:
    Are they putting the "dress" in the clinton library too? I did not have sex with that woman! Thanks bill, thats what my boys are telling their girlfriends - relax, its not sex :lol:

14. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(malorn @ Feb 22 2007, 01:10 PM) [snapback]394620[/snapback]</div>
    [​IMG]
    That's classic! (and I liked Clinton)

15. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Feb 22 2007, 12:18 PM) [snapback]394631[/snapback]</div>
    I did too for the most part. He could have gone down as one of the great Presidents of the 20th century, now he will probably just go down as the President that was gone down on the most in the Oval Office! :lol:

16. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Feb 22 2007, 12:27 PM) [snapback]394592[/snapback]</div>
    That's what's known as rightard spew. Definitely invalid argument; specifically, missing premise. If you are really Squid, you've switched from tu quo que to missing premise.

17. livelychick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JackDodge @ Feb 22 2007, 01:54 PM) [snapback]394675[/snapback]</div>
    :lol:

18. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Feb 22 2007, 01:02 PM) [snapback]394612[/snapback]</div>
    But it wasn't catfighting among candidates. Originally it was the financial contributors to each candidate making remarks about the other candidate. They have a right to give their money to whoever for whatever reason. And they have a right to express their opinion as to why. Given that, I don't think what Gessen said was anything to take offense over, just his opinion. I do think the racist remark bears scrutiny and apology.

Elections run on money. Hillary has been a powerhouse fund raiser. But....if her regular contributors are now jumping ship to Obama, she must be running scared. No way she'll get the nomination unless she has far and away the biggest warchest and shows the most united support.

Truthfully, I think it was a mistake for her to run.

19. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Feb 22 2007, 02:45 PM) [snapback]394709[/snapback]</div>
    Why?

20. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Feb 22 2007, 04:18 PM) [snapback]394734[/snapback]</div>
    Because she ruined it for the Democrats. Now we'll be stuck with another Republican, because there is no way we'll elect a gun-banning, socialized health care pushing, immoral, book burning, hypocrit.