1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hillary + Obama = 08

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Dec 13, 2006.

1. stealth

stealth New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Dec 14 2006, 10:21 PM) [snapback]362648[/snapback]</div>

I think that was from a Clinton / Coulter run-off. Don't get me wrong I've vote for a woman in a second if they were the best candidate but if the Dems use Clinton the Republicans will have at least another 4 years in office...

2. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 14 2006, 07:56 AM) [snapback]362146[/snapback]</div>
    This from the guy demanding more respect from us. It wasn't the "dog" thing that got him the nickname, it was the personality of the attack animal that seemed similar. If you don't want to be called names, it's best not to be a name-caller yourself. :)lol:)

What a smooth talker......

3. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Dec 14 2006, 07:17 AM) [snapback]362127[/snapback]</div>
    Well say what you will about her she is an adept and astute politician. Probably more so than Bubba.

Wildkow

4. Alnilam

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Dec 14 2006, 11:50 PM) [snapback]362667[/snapback]</div>
    Kow, I agree. She represents New York very well and both Republican and Democratic senators speak well of her job performance. Read the description of her work in the current "New Yorker." (Especially the part about what she learned from her failed universal medical care work with Bill.)

Can anybody state reasons they wouldn't vote for her instead of just saying, "I don't like her." She's not running for high school prom queen.

5. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Dec 15 2006, 02:59 AM) [snapback]362669[/snapback]</div>
    I dont trust her.
    She is self - serving.
    She has no moral compass.
    She thinks she is the smartest women on the planet.
    She has had too much plastic surgery.
    There is no surgery to correct personality defects.
    She worships at the alter of the UN.
    She is unethical - Rose Law Firm billiing records scandal
    She married Bill. Stayed with him after he cheated on her. Willing to sacrifice all for power.
    She could not run for prom queen unless it was a school for the deaf and blind.

Funny, I heard that the Secret Service had orders to shoot Hillary if Bill were assasinated :lol:

She is the Republicans dream candidate with Barak Hussein Obama as VP candidate. Can you say SWEEP vs. McCain and Rudy.

Karl Rove I hear has donated to her campaign chest :lol:

and, I DONT LIKE HER and I have never met her.

as a New Yorker, please tell me what she has done for me??

quick question - what does that tell you if your advesaries speak well of you?? :lol: :lol:

6. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Dec 15 2006, 12:21 AM) [snapback]362648[/snapback]</div>
    Could we see these polling results? a link to an article, perhaps? My take on the general feel of the public towards her is completely opposite what you post, and would love to see the actual numbers and methods used to get them.

7. Alnilam

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 15 2006, 05:16 AM) [snapback]362693[/snapback]</div>
    So, as I thought, you don't have a actual thing to argue with her about. What a lightweight response! (And so many Smilies to buck up your hot air.....) The hatred just drools down your face. You're always, with bulldog-tenacity, demanding "facts" from everybody. What do you have? Show me where she has been a bad senator. You really come off as pretty chauvinistic. Plastic surgery for women? Wow, what a news flash! Yeah, that was a funny line about the Secret Service. Broke me up!

As for the one real thing that you charge her with from the old days, the "Billing Scandal," I guess we can beat that dead horse some more. If you want to get real bored, read the following description of the events and ask yourself how well Ken Starr spent your cash all those years. He had the money, time and inclination to put Hillary in jail and didn't get anywhere. Doctor Berman can't let sleeping dogs lie. Smear is his favorite style of painting, but his brush is pretty worn out.

http://archive.salon.com/news/feature/2000...nton/print.html

But I see what you mean, I DON'T LIKE YOU and I've never met you either.

8. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Dec 15 2006, 11:42 AM) [snapback]362777[/snapback]</div>
    I do not drool and my knuckles do not drag
    I do NOT hate her. I think she would make a terrible President. I would vote for Condi in a heartbeat over her.
    I do not have to prove she is a bad senator - you said she was a good one - prove it.
    She has had plastic surgery - no?
    Secret Service was a joke - my because is in the FBI (agent of the year a few years ago) and was at times in charge of security for some of the people in the Clinton administration - credit to him please.
    How can you not like me - You do not even know me - or are you making assumptions here. Heck you love Hillary and you never met her either - where is the liberal thought here - innocent until proven guilty - ?

9. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
  10. Alnilam

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 15 2006, 09:01 AM) [snapback]362799[/snapback]</div>
    1) Picture, please!

2) I'd sure like to see how you'd write about somebody you did hate! Well, Condi sure isn't the smartest woman on the planet so I see why you'd like her. She can't even get Bush to act presidential. (She is Secretary of State, right? Who'd ever know it?)

3) The people of New York answered that question for me. (Her looks didn't bother them, it appears.) Did you get her "plastic surgery" info from another top because or is this AMA inside stuff?

4) I can see how he'd be Agent of the Year with smart talk like that. I bet his supervisors would think that was a real hoot. Who do I contact there to give him "credit?"

5) How can I not like you? Let me count the ways.....You have 1,459 posts at last count. I know you about as much as I can stand. I'm just re-quoting YOU, in case you missed that. I don't love her, but I try to keep an open mind. The game is just getting underway. She's shown a lot of hard work and determination as New York senator and was rewarded for this.

(And, by the way, I don't ever think of you as "innocent." Nobody is THAT liberal!)

11. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Dec 15 2006, 12:25 PM) [snapback]362814[/snapback]</div>
    1. I would love to but I am having a bad hair day today :D
    2. I do not hate. I would venture to say Condi is in my opinion smarter than Hillary. She actually has real life experience politically in terms of the workings of the Federal Government.
    3. The people of New York would vote for roadkill if it were a Democrat - kind of like the Dems re-electing Marion Bradley, William Jefferson, etc, etc, etc, etc
    4. If i tell you his name - he will have to kill you (a joke here). He currently in involved in anti-terrorism activities. I also have a because in the CIA!
    5. You see me from one perspective -and you judge me. Am I a good husband. How do I treat strangers. Do I give to charity. all the other stuff in life - the real big stuff you know nothing about me - and yet you pass judgement - you should pause and reflect on this. And how do you know I actually believe what I am typing? Jeez - I hope you have more liberal thought patterns in the other aspects of your life and interactions with others. Believe it or not, I have a lot of liberal friends who actually do like me!

You should keep your mind open - seems to me that that is not a true statement - at least as far as I am concerned.

12. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 15 2006, 01:40 PM) [snapback]362821[/snapback]</div>
    Again, no (from Wiki):
    The current Governor of New York is a Republican, George Pataki. He was reelected by large margins in 1998 and 2002, after only narrowly defeating incumbent Democrat Mario Cuomo in 1994. Both U.S. Senators are Democrats, Chuck Schumer and Hillary Rodham Clinton. However, it wasn't too long ago when New York had Republicans in high political offices Republican Senator Alfonse D'Amato served until he was defeated in 1998 and before him longtime Senator Jacob Javits also served and was also a Republican, although he ran as a Liberal in 1980. Republican Congressmen William E. Miller and Jack Kemp were both from New York and were running mates for Barry Goldwater in 1964 and Bob Dole in 1996 respectively. Despite the strong Democratic presence in New York City, Republican Rudolph Giuliani served two terms as mayor, and Michael Bloomberg was elected as a Republican twice, the first time being in 2001 and then again in 2005.

13. Alnilam

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 15 2006, 09:40 AM) [snapback]362821[/snapback]</div>
    Who is the present Governor of New York? And what party does he belong to? Who is the Mayor of New York City? Well, maybe you're right about "roadkill."

(Oops. I see MegansPrius beat me to the punch. Who'd have ever thought two people could come up with such difficult research in so short a time?)

So let's see. On Fred's House of Pancakes, where we talk "freely" about so much, I am supposed to discount all stupid opinion because the poster might give to the Salvation Army and treat his wife to dinner every week. And I am to assume that nobody "actually believes" what they take the time to write here. Well, that's what I do everywhere else in life in my "interactions." I ignore people and, if I have to listen to them, I pretend they are lying. I'd sure like to have a doctor like that!

14. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Dec 15 2006, 12:55 PM) [snapback]362826[/snapback]</div>
    You have all the answers - so wrapped up in such a neat little package - whatever makes you happy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Dec 15 2006, 12:49 PM) [snapback]362824[/snapback]</div>
    In times of need and in important positions we try to make the correct decisions. During our moments of weakness we vote democratic :lol:

Why did Hillary choose to carpetbag, I mean move to NY? Riddle me that. Trust me, it was not for our weather. And living fairly close to them, I can tell you it was not for our tax structure.

15. Alnilam

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 15 2006, 10:15 AM) [snapback]362843[/snapback]</div>
    You don't ever seem to be able to admit you are wrong, a virtue you share with Bush. Not a word in your response to how wrong you were about her plastic surgery, for example.

As an airline captain, I wouldn't have been able to survive very long if I were oblivious to the facts around me. I might have what I thought was a good idea, but circumstances, or a helpful co-pilot, would always get my to reconsider my plan. The government even institutionalized this concept in a program called Cockpit Resource Management, which effectively directed the Captain to use all information available to conduct a flight safely.

Nowadays, as a college prof, I wouldn't have any students left by the end of a semester if I just pig-headedly insisted upon my viewpoint, no matter how often it was proven wrong. I teach my students one important concept: the best answer is often, "I don't know."

It surprises me that a person could run a successful practice with such a closed mind. On point, Hillary may not be the best candidate, but she surely isn't the vile person you paint her to be. The folks in New York, who voted out Cuomo, know just about everything there is to know about her and still said, "Yes!" We wind up with tragedies like Bush because so many people march in lock-step to the tune of a dumb idea or ill-thought-out philosophy. This is all I have to say here. Your answer, above, convinces me, if I needed anything further, how futile talking to you is. There is no meeting you on a mutual agreement.

You're right. Better nuke us Californians. But why not New York, too, since they vote for "roadkill?" (Just joking here. I'm from Syracuse.)

16. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Dec 15 2006, 01:45 PM) [snapback]362862[/snapback]</div>
    Do you punish or diminish students with conservative thoughts - not that there would be that many were you are?

I was making a statement with a little irony given the cities in CA who want to part of our country or our DoD. It is ironic that they will be the first to be in range of NoKo nukes - and the additional irony is that a Democratic president was its facilitator.

I too am from Syracuse.

No meeting on mutual grounds only because you are the immobile one my friend.

The bigger tragedy would have been D student Kerry at the helm lurching (pun intended) from one side of the issue and any issue at that to the other every other day. The Dems have to find some better candidates than Hillary and Barak Hussein Obama (still to green for me).

17. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 15 2006, 02:31 PM) [snapback]362881[/snapback]</div>
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for the laugh, Doc. That's one of the funniest things I've read all day.

18. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 15 2006, 01:31 PM) [snapback]362881[/snapback]</div>
    As someone only slightly invested in this thread (nice person opposed to some others), i have to say you just proved his point, dbermanmd - He pointed out that you have never admitted being wrong, and instead of saying something like "yes, i was wrong about the plastic surgery", you went off on what seems like a complete tangent, ignoring his argument completely.

Who would you recommend as alternate candidates for the Dems? I happen to agree with you that Hillary wouldn't make a good president, but i'm wondering why Obama is "too green" for you?

Bush (W) was governor for only 6 years before being elected president. Obama started in the State Senate 10 years ago, then in the US Senate 2 years ago - seems to me that he has more experience than W did when he was elected to office...

19. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

The reason republicans are running scared of Hillary and for their massive misinformation campaign is that, to paraphrase Bill Clinton, 'a vote for me is a 2-for since you get my spouse too'. They're terrified of a smart woman and even more terrified of getting Bill back in the mix. Like Daniel, I too haven't voted for either of the 2 main parties for so long I can't remember the last time. However, unlike Daniel (if I remember one of his posts correctly) I WOULD vote for the dems if Hillary ran. I believe she is compassionate, intelligent and most important EXPERIENCED and furthermore I believe she, unlike junior, would place the good of the country ahead of all else including her donors...oh, like any politician she would probably reward them when it fits with her overall plan, but wouldn't run the white house as a revolving door for corporations as the first order of business. The American people are stupid in a lot of ways, but I give them credit for not being ignorant enough to give ANY repub another go. No matter how you slice it the repubs blindly supported junior in his path to ruin and they will pay AGAIN dearly in the next election. It's a given, and the more disinformation is presented against intelligence and experience the more they will drive the undecided against themselves. Not only the next election, but for a generation to come. We face almost certain ruin because of their policies and this will not be easily overcome no matter how many Ken Stars they sic on their opposition.

20. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Dec 15 2006, 01:49 PM) [snapback]362884[/snapback]</div>
    Obama was in the Illinois state senate for those 10 years. At least put an asterisk by it if you're going to say it this way so the common folks can make some sense of it.

In illinois politics, all he had to do for the 10 years was make cronies, dole out privelege in exchange for campaign contributions and make sure not to accomplish anything.

We don't want people from other states getting the idea that he actually had to do something for those 10 years of paychecks.